17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny really... He's not the strongest in the team. He's not the fittest in the team. He's not the fastest in the team. He's not got the best ball control. He's not the best defender. He's not the best at scoring goals, taking penalties, or even being the captain.

But you know what he is head and shoulders better at than every other player in world football?

Winning.

And he's the greatest winner in the history of this football club.
Other than height, he's actually a fairly complete player. He's strong enough, technical enough and fast enough when he needs to be. Incredible shooter and passer.

All that package put on a superb footballing brain, which IMO is his best attribute, and you have a recipe for greatness.

Pirlo is the probably the greatest all round attacking/playmaking midfielder europe has produced for vision, ball control, technique, creativity, passing, and free kick ability and Kev is on a par with anything he produced
modric a close third

It's funny really... He's not the strongest in the team. He's not the fittest in the team. He's not the fastest in the team. He's not got the best ball control. He's not the best defender. He's not the best at scoring goals, taking penalties, or even being the captain.

But you know what he is head and shoulders better at than every other player in world football?

Winning.

Maybe not the ...... but he will be a close second or third in all attributes and unlike any other player above him he has the total package
Two attributes you don't mention which he is at genius level, are vision and delivery

Agree. All that's left for him now is to finish writing his legacy. Feels like his profile is higher than ever at the moment. I've never ever seen such an outpouring of admiration for KDB online than I have tonight from fans of every club. He's truly ascended into all time superstar territory.
Probably as a result of "you don't appreciate something until its gone"

Sadly for the rest Hes back

KDB0.JPGKDB1.JPGKDB2.JPG

I think that injury was especially unfortunate because I reckon this season is peak KDB in terms of age vs experience. Such a shame he’s missed half of it. We’d have beaten Liverpool with him in the side.

Anyway, great to have him back and he will undoubtedly step up in the months ahead. He’s such a leader. And an incredible footballer.

These are the days!
Agree we missed him but what team does not miss a world class player? However it looks to me that the five month break has been a great benefit, looks fresher that he has for many seasons

Pirlo is the probably the greatest all round attacking/playmaking midfielder europe has produced for vision, ball control, technique, creativity, passing, and free kick ability and Kev is on a par with anything he produced
modric a close third
Never saw Pirlo getting into turbo mode. It might have been he didn't need to, but would Pirlo have scored Kev's goal against The Arse last season, or yesterday's. I think Kev has another dimension to his game that Pirlo's lacked.

Winning.

Yer missed the bit about him not being the best goalie in the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.