17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I laughed because Gvardiol posted pictures from the game on his IG account - and one is basically just a picture of Kev with an out of focus Gvardiol in the frame. I know we have plenty of “stars” but I still think there is something about Kev that has to make all the new players a bit star struck.

An interesting aspect of the next month or so is how much he could potentially effect games from the bench.

For virtually his whole time at the club Kevin has been a guaranteed starter and rightly so but that has also meant that we've rarely seen what a fresh KDB can do up against tiring legs.

His reintegration will have to be very carefully managed and it might not be as simple as 30 minutes then 60 minutes then a full match. It could be a mixture of starts and substitute appearances for the next few weeks.

Obviously I want him to get back to starting games for us as soon as possible but I'm quite enjoying the prospect of having a truly unique weapon like Kevin De Bruyne on our bench in case we need him.

We've had a taste against Huddersfield and Newcastle and those were his first games back after five months on the sidelines so imagine what kind of impact he could have in the last 20 minutes of a match once he starts to gain more match fitness. A truly frightening prospect and it could win us more points like it did yesterday.
KDB said in his interview 90 minutes is not in him at present. If he is to become more injury prone later in years, would he accept this ultimate bench weapon role where he destroys tired legs in the last half hour? What does the next 2-3 years have in store for him? Could he be tempted away having enjoyed his time off? Should we do the treble again, might he sign off? Even so, for me, he is now the PL's best ever midfielder. His genius is up there with the Zidane's of the game. How many PL midfielders have truly had that game intelligence and sublime technique to make a pass such as that last evening?

Does he need to break EVERY (assist/goal) record to become the best ever midfielder in the Prem? Some people talk about Fabregas, Scholes and Lampard. Do have respect for these players but the consistency, vision, precision and beauty of KDB's passing is very unique imo. Give him one or two seasons and this conversation will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.