17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2023/24

I see him taking up the Modric role for us. Bring him on after 60-70 minutes if we need more creativity to unlock low blocks. Start him in the fixtures when we know we'll have the majority of the ball.

Our greatest player in club history without a doubt. Just don't think he has the legs to be playing the full 90 minutes anymore.

Thankfully Foden is ready to take over that CAM role for the foreseeable future.

Who plays alongside Foden though?

Bernardo might be off, Kovacic isn't good enough to start week in week out (good squad player though), Nunes won't be good enough either in my view.

You've got to remember that to play midfield for City the level is David Silva, Yaya Toure, Gundogan, De Bruyne...

Who plays alongside Foden though?

Bernardo might be off, Kovacic isn't good enough to start week in week out (good squad player though), Nunes won't be good enough either in my view.

You've got to remember that to play midfield for City the level is David Silva, Yaya Toure, Gundogan, De Bruyne...
paqueta

Never stops working his bollocks off, no matter how knackered he is. Did well for the goal too!

obviously a lot of sloppy passes today which you don't often get from him but can't criticise that when he's running on sheer will power.

I'd say there's no chance he starts vs Brighton though.

Has to be used sporadically.

Playing him this frequently, simple because he has the magical ability to pass, just doesnt sit right with me.

Up there with his worst performances—influence and quality wise—in a city shirt…

But one of the most admirable and impressive showings of his many with us.

He just kept grafting, despite his (and most of his teammates’) legs being gone, and nothing coming off for him.

And we eventually got over the line.

As he said in his post-match interview, this was about character, and he has it in spades.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.