18 | Stefan Ortega - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I saw his Highlights., I knew we got a special player. 2 months ago, I would have preferred him above Ederson, but Ederson has improved the last month considerably, and GK is not a position you mess around with.

The point is, if Ederson is ever injured, I have all the confidence that our season would be the same with Ortega as our GK.

Can’t get over how much of an upgrade he’s been on Steffen. Unbelievable market awareness and business from Txiki.

Hope he’s happy playing second fiddle and doesn’t have his head turned. I’d personally be OK with him being our CL keeper - a bit like Real used to do before Navas saw through it - to give him some form of importance along with domestic cups.
Maybe start by giving him a few games in the group stage next season.

Maybe start by giving him a few games in the group stage next season.
This. We will be aiming to win the CL more than once. It's Haaland's alarm clock and Pep's goal with us. I can guarantee that most of our players became pro footballers hoping to win the CL one day. It is the ultimate holy grail for most players, especially non-English players. That's what our owners want, and it's the only way to get global recognition as the best team in the world. We deserve it. I love Ortega, he must be amongst the best backup keepers in the World, but Eddie is our number 1, and unless we steamroll someone in the first leg, Eddie starts every CL knockout stages game. I would rather start Ortega in some easier PL fixtures since we steamroll most teams in the league.

No, no and thrice no.
Definitely yes.

Ederson feels no pressure or competition. You can see it with his stupid yellow cards.
We need new fresh motivated goalkeeper from next season to compete with him.
But first let’s win treble :)

This. We will be aiming to win the CL more than once. It's Haaland's alarm clock and Pep's goal with us. I can guarantee that most of our players became pro footballers hoping to win the CL one day. It is the ultimate holy grail for most players, especially non-English players. That's what our owners want, and it's the only way to get global recognition as the best team in the world. We deserve it. I love Ortega, he must be amongst the best backup keepers in the World, but Eddie is our number 1, and unless we steamroll someone in the first leg, Eddie starts every CL knockout stages game. I would rather start Ortega in some easier PL fixtures since we steamroll most teams in the league.

I'm certain World Cup is the ultimate holy grail in football for players regardless of nationality, not UCL.

I'm certain World Cup is the ultimate holy grail in football for players regardless of nationality, not UCL.
Sure, but so is the CL. For example, Haaland will never win the World Cup. That's why Haaland's alarm clock is the CL anthem. I think that only people in England prioritize the league over the CL. Sure, players in every country always want to win the league, but growing up, our international players were not dreaming of winning the Premier League on the club level, it was the Champions League ahead of whatever league they came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.