18 | Stefan Ortega - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worst we've seen from him in terms of distribution today. Was all over the shop and just highlights how much ederson gives us. We are comparing him to the best though. He is still a very capable stand in.
That's unfair. Ederson last season against Brighton had just as bad of a match distribution wise. Brighton are tough for any GK, including Ederson. If Ederson is 10 with his feet, Ortega is a 9 easily.

If Ederson gets injured, I would be conpletely relaxed.

I said it in the PGT but I thought on the whole he was fine. Brighton has a great press and at times there seemed to be a lack of options for him.

That's unfair. Ederson last season against Brighton had just as bad of a match distribution wise. Brighton are tough for any GK, including Ederson. If Ederson is 10 with his feet, Ortega is a 9 easily.

If Ederson gets injured, I would be conpletely relaxed.
Majority of his errors weren't anything to do with Brighton, they were just poor execution and decision making. His kicking of anything over 30 yards today was awful.

I'm very happy with him as our backup, the best we've had and I don't see anybody better out there as a no.2 but that doesn't mean we can't say he was poor today.

He also got very lucky with that save from mitoma, he was completely out in no man's land. He shouldn't have come out, It was a very simple dink and an easy goal for Brighton, he was very fortunate Brighton messed that up.

Majority of his errors weren't anything to do with Brighton, they were just poor execution and decision making. His kicking of anything over 30 yards today was awful.

I'm very happy with him as our backup, the best we've had and I don't see anybody better out there as a no.2 but that doesn't mean we can't say he was poor today.

He also got very lucky with that save from mitoma, he was completely out in no man's land. He shouldn't have come out, It was a very simple dink and an easy goal for Brighton, he was very fortunate Brighton messed that up.
I agree with Mitoma's save. I still think that his level has been so incredible, that a not so good match is not reason to be worried at all.

And as I said, we have 10-15 matches where his distribution has been very close to Ederson's. Every GK(including Ederson) has bad matches on their distribution.

Definitely will never be first choice for us , his kicking was poor today and put us under pressure several times , Ederson was apparently rested because he didnt get back to Manchester until late in the week , Ortega is a good back-up keeper and that is all.

Definitely will never be first choice for us , his kicking was poor today and put us under pressure several times , Ederson was apparently rested because he didnt get back to Manchester until late in the week , Ortega is a good back-up keeper and that is all.
Ortega had better stats in literally everything last season. Better passing %, better save %(by a very significant margin), much better xG, better defensive actions outside the box and interceptions...

Literally, staff has said Ortega would be starter this season if it was not for Ederson form improving at the latest stages of last season.

I am not criticizing Ederson, just showing you how wrong the statement of he will never be first choice or he is just a good back-up keeper is. I can link you to all those stats if you want.

Best 2nd choice keeper in the world. Saved us some points today. On the other hand, his passing will never be up to Ederson's standard, which is why he will remain an extremely reliable number 2 for us. Brilliant shot-stopper, though.

Ortega had better stats in literally everything last season. Better passing %, better save %(by a very significant margin), much better xG, better defensive actions outside the box and interceptions...

Literally, staff has said Ortega would be starter this season if it was not for Ederson form improving at the latest stages of last season.

I am not criticizing Ederson, just showing you how wrong the statement of he will never be first choice or he is just a good back-up keeper is. I can link you to all those stats if you want.
Brighton are one of the hardest teams to beat their press and Ortega did it far more times than his few clipped longer balls that didn’t reach their target.

His short passing through the lines was the same as Ederson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.