18 | Stefan Ortega - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for the statisticians ........................

How many games (including substitutions) has Stefan played for us?
And in how many of them has he kept a clean sheet?
I suspect it will be a pretty high percentage.

32 games. I don’t know about the clean sheets but substitute appearances, and when the goalkeeper is substituted off, don’t usually count towards clean sheet statistics for the individual.

32 games. I don’t know about the clean sheets but substitute appearances, and when the goalkeeper is substituted off, don’t usually count towards clean sheet statistics for the individual.
Thanks for the number of games - I simply wondered how many times he has not conceded any goals when on the pitch. Simply idle curiosity nothing else.

Improve his contract in order to ward off other teams from poaching him.

It's not going to be about money. I'm sure we've already tried that angle to get him to stay.

He's a starting quality keeper standard for a top European side. He's not going to want to stick around if he's number 2 going into next season.

He's 32 in Nov - whilst not ancient for a goalkeeper, he's past his prime years now and his window at the top level will be diminishing. He isn't going to want to see out those years playing second fiddle in FA cup games.

I actually think Ortega is the more rounded keeper between him and Ederson, but I can't see us pushing Eddie out and that's the only way I think we would get Ortega to commit long term.

I can't see us letting him go for free, so I expect we will reluctantly cash in this summer whilst a host of sides will be chasing his signature whilst his stock is high.

This is ultimately a consistent scenario we have to accept when we have a squad brimming with quality - some players will want more game time and we can't always guarantee that.

I don’t know enough about the German national team but it seems shocking he isn’t among the top four keepers in the country (their prelim squad includes 4).

18 games this season (14 from the start) and 8 clean sheets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.