jrb

Re: Is the purpose of the American tour to gain American fans?

It's working.

They already feel sorry for us. Everyone loves a loser. Especially in the Big Apple.

Egyptian said:
As above.

nah its just to stretch the legs of the players - pre take over we would have played Hyde post take over we fook off to the good old USA and make a twat out of ourselves

Only City

It was most definitely to get American fans and to be fair, with the opening of the pitch in Spanish Harlem it might just work.

All part of making City a 'Global brand'.

billydavey said:
It was most definitely to get American fans and to be fair, with the opening of the pitch in Spanish Harlem it might just work.

All part of making City a 'Global brand'.

Most American sports fans are likely to say well done City but i aint supportng that shite i saw last night - more likely to watch the rags

Sadly the Americans are all about winning. Seems our plans to break America will take some time yet. Can't see too many US fans pleding alegiance to us at the moment. Shame but not the end of the world.

Egyptian said:
Absolutely. But not with the displays in New York football wise. If anything, i think Red Bulls gained some fans. And if the commentators think and siad the teams fielded their strongest teams, then sure the Americans allso thought so.

True, but then we also get some exposure over there and the Americans buy into us being a big team and remember us playing there, probably the fact that they beat us is a good thing because they'll go away remembering the game.

Egyptian said:
As above.

so we should jeopardize our top players for the sake of gaining a few yank fans ,i trust in Bobby Manc

Fuzzmaster101 said:
Sadly the Americans are all about winning. Seems our plans to break America will take some time yet. Can't see too many US fans pleding alegiance to us at the moment. Shame but not the end of the world.
This was the equivalent of having an auditions, stumbling over one's lines, and having a nervous breakdown on stage.

It was an anti-popularity campaign.

No point going there and playing a second string. The travelling never helps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.