Re: Is the purpose of the American tour to gain American fans?

mct said:
Egyptian said:
As above.

so we should jeopardize our top players for the sake of gaining a few yank fans ,i trust in Bobby Manc

Then dont fookin go - waste of time and money and all it has actually done is winde some blues up and make us look twats.

dctid said:
mct said:
so we should jeopardize our top players for the sake of gaining a few yank fans ,i trust in Bobby Manc

Then dont fookin go - waste of time and money and all it has actually done is winde some blues up and make us look twats.
Redknapp was interviewed on BBC radio and he said from a coaches point of view it was really difficult and presented lots of problems training wise. He'd far rather be in the UK. I don't know what the club thinks it gets out of playing reserves on TV. Economic benefit unknown to me, but a marketing failure, and questionable training benefit.

I think its true, we may have ended up with a bit of egg on our face after this. The tour may also have been about putting a few players we need to sell on in the shop window
.Jo and Nedum looked in that category to me tonight

dctid said:
Egyptian said:
As above.

nah its just to stretch the legs of the players - pre take over we would have played Hyde post take over we fook off to the good old USA and make a twat out of ourselves

Only City

We did play at Hyde.

Mancini shouldn't compromise his pre-season plans and rush players back just because the team are in the USA and it's on telly. Anyone who thinks a couple of defeats in nothing games makes City "look like twats" needs to develop much thicker skin.

Marvin said:
dctid said:
Redknapp was interviewed on BBC radio and he said from a coaches point of view it was really difficult and presented lots of problems training wise. He'd far rather be in the UK. I don't know what the club thinks it gets out of playing reserves on TV. Economic benefit unknown to me, but a marketing failure, and questionable training benefit.

But did not Spurs won 1 and draw 1?

They seemed to do OK<br /><br />-- Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:49 am --<br /><br />
Spindash said:
dctid said:
nah its just to stretch the legs of the players - pre take over we would have played Hyde post take over we fook off to the good old USA and make a twat out of ourselves

Only City

We did play at Hyde.

Mancini shouldn't compromise his pre-season plans and rush players back just because the team are in the USA and it's on telly. Anyone who thinks a couple of defeats in nothing games makes City "look like twats" needs to develop much thicker skin.

There is no such thing as a nothing game for this club - every game we play is analysed and picked to pieces.

It's about getting our name out there. Trophy success will gain us American fans - I mean, they do get to watch the Premier League... it isn't a once a year thing.

No,try all you want but their not interested,they have to be able to win and its not gonna happen

We do look like tw@ts unfortunately...at least to the general US public who will unfortunately have even less knowledge about the strength of our squad and the players on the pitch than those awful commentators (Nimely & Jo are not 'star' players, and Joe Hart did not play most of the second half, but unfortunately they didn't even get that right!!).

We knew before the tour that there was a large possibility of our better players (and subsequent high quality additions to the squad) being unavailable due to the world cup.

These tours are all about Promotion and looking good.
Everyone in the US loves a winner. It is there mentality that winning is good (obviously a slight generalization but without the tribal allegiances you get my point).

Unfortunately apart from a few moments of Adam Johnson magic we have failed to look good AND failed to win.

If we had to go there this summer then surely it would have made more sense to go out to the US a week later, which would have enabled us to play the two high profile matches against Club America and Inter (and maybe another game) with a stronger pool of players to choose from.

Another point with regards to 'promotion' of the club, why have we not been wearing the Home shirt? (either this seasons or last) as our home strip is what will be synonymous with us and what fans/potential fans will be able to identify us by.
I know that we have just launched the away strip, but it seems very poorly thought out not to wear our home colours at all...especially in tonights game which will have attracted a much larger audience both in the stadium and also on tv.

One final point....everyone in the media and in footballing circles keep going on about the hunger that fans in the US have to see premiership teams and players over on their patch, yet the stadium (which despite looking much larger ) only holds 25,000 and was far from full. Seems a bit strange.

brianstrousers said:
No,try all you want but their not interested,they have to be able to win and its not gonna happen

For me i an trying to understand if there is a pattern of play being developend - one in which all the players understand it and one in which players are interchangable.

Its what the best teams do and when new playets come on yes there maybe a drop in the standard but the pattern of play is still the same.

Not sen that yet

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.