1894Group statement on the atmosphere in full here

Hard to disagree with any of the points raised although rather than have blue moon or boys in blue played before the match I'd rather they turned the PA off and let the crowd build its own atmosphere.

moomba said:
Hard to disagree with any of the points raised although rather than have blue moon or boys in blue played before the match I'd rather they turned the PA off and let the crowd build its own atmosphere.

Me too and which version of Blue Moon do they want played? The Supra version isn't really traditional and any other versions are pretty shit for entrance music.

Even from an old fart like me,who was a member of the old Kippax Choir,way back in the 1960/70`s,it would be fantastic if we could replicate that sort of noise.
Well done with your efforts so far and I sincerely hope the club and the fans get behind you.

Agree with the comment there is too much music being played. let the fans do the singing, not surprised there are so few fans in their seats 10 minutes before kick off.

Good luck 1894...This old fart from the Kippax 70's and 80's will join in from his seat in CBS, the other old farts with me will also join in as we do every game. Age is no bar from the need to vent your spleen in support of your team. Get passionate....................

I think the problem you have as a 'group' is lack of organisation.
If you were able to create a better organisational structure to your group, you would achieve better results and would be taken more seriously by the club.

That's my outsiders point of view

117 M34 said:
If you were able to create a better organisational structure to your group, you would achieve better results and would be taken more seriously by the club.

Out of interest what are you basing that statement on?

Banangoboy said:
117 M34 said:

Out of interest what are you basing that statement on?

I'm basing it on the fact that they don't seem to have a 'leader' or people with specific roles within the group / leadership structure and the club won't or are reluctant to converse with them on a serious basis, which to me suggests the club don't take them seriously. Should just be 1 member who deals with the club for a start.

Does everyone know who the people involved are?
Does everyone know how to donate money?
Does everyone know how to purchase merchandise from them?
How are the media made aware of what is going on?
When/how were fans asked about what should be done?
How are new members attracted?
What is done during the match (when it matters) to improve atmosphere, other than starting songs and hoping that others join in...what happens when they don't?
What are their short/medium/long term aims and how are other made aware of these?

As I said, that is my view as a complete outsider and could be completely wrong.

Thaksinssoldier said:
Here's a novel idea, close the bars and kiosks five minutes before kickoff.
No, people shouldnt be forced into things. Get the pre match atmosphere right and people will choose to get to their seats earlier.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.