1894Group statement on the atmosphere in full here

Good intentions, however I fear that those in power at City have no idea what we're about or what you want to achieve.

In short it won't put £'s in the till!

It's really sad because this sterile morgue like atmosphere is what is alienating a lot of fans and leading to the sensation that our club is no longer ours!

The complete South Stand should be home only and just a glimpse back to the noise Aris made 4 years ago can show what can be done. It's just a shame those who can change things aren't bothered.

I think its a bit embarrassing that our so called singing section is in the corner

Surely it would make more sense to have the away fans in that corner like they are at OT and Emirates, so we can have the whole stand behind the goal

alberto0292 said:
117 M34 said:
alberto0292 said:
Read the statement again and you will find the reply to your question in there

How do palace do it? How do the foreign clubs do it? Compared to them, 1894 is a much smaller scale.

Very good point, they have a singing section / home fans end where all singers stand together

That's what we need and that's what the statement asks.. reconfiguration of the singing sections

but that hasn't worked at city. 116-118 used to be a decent singing area. 110-111 was then set up as the official singing area but hasn't taken off on the scale of other clubs. Both areas have been promoted as the singing areas but have in them a lot of fans who don't sing.
Why? I don't have any answers, but it is a point that needs considering as if you try to get a singing end as suggested in the statement, what are you going to do if it ends up being full of non singers again?
How are you proposing the club get the non singers to move elsewhere?

117 M34 said:
alberto0292 said:
117 M34 said:
How do palace do it? How do the foreign clubs do it? Compared to them, 1894 is a much smaller scale.

Very good point, they have a singing section / home fans end where all singers stand together

That's what we need and that's what the statement asks.. reconfiguration of the singing sections

but that hasn't worked at city. 116-118 used to be a decent singing area. 110-111 was then set up as the official singing area but hasn't taken off on the scale of other clubs. Both areas have been promoted as the singing areas but have in them a lot of fans who don't sing.
Why? I don't have any answers, but it is a point that needs considering as if you try to get a singing end as suggested in the statement, what are you going to do if it ends up being full of non singers again?

At the end of the day there is a limit to what we can do. We can promote singing blocks for cup matches. Set up displays, encourage people to sing. Have a mob of us 100 of us starting songs, try and build an atmosphere on the concourse, we can try and get block 115 next season and promote it as a singing area. etc etc etc But lets be honest if people just stand there saying nothing and don;t join in then the atmosphere isn't going to improve. We can only do our best. If our best isn't good enough then at least we are trying.

I think 1894 Group have done some great stuff!
I'll be in 116 tomorrow night, hopefully a few people will hear us and want to join in next time!

More people who care about the atmosphere need to get behind 1894 in my opinion, rather than picking faults with it!

There are quite a few issues that have developed at City from moving into the new stadium and they are definitely difficult to overcome. At Palace they have the Holmesdale and their most passionate fans are all together in the Holmesdale at the corner near the away fans. They also have passionate fans the other side of the away fans who sing and they bounce off each other and sing together.

With City the issue we have is pricing of tickets, people not wanting to move, and no club led strategic solution to this issue. The club needs to market an area of the ground as a singing section. This section should be next to the away fans and should offer tickets at a decent price. Generally the atmosphere isn't going to come from the corporate types or those that pay for nice seats on the halfway line. It will come from those who are there for the banter as well as the football but times have changed and you can't really market a "working class" ticket for people who want to sing. This stadium expansion is the time to sort this issue out and the club need to work out how. I've always imagined these £299 season tickets that were suggested prior to expansion, will be the solution as many will move to that area for cheaper tickets and as it's next to the away fans will hopefully make a racket and it can spread around the ground. The acoustic design of the expansion should help noise stay in as well.

Banangoboy said:
117 M34 said:
alberto0292 said:

so if what you have done so far hasn't worked, what are you going to do differently? (irrespective of if the club go along with your proposals or not).
This is what you as a group need to be asking yourselves.

At the end of the day there is a limit to what we can do. We can promote singing blocks for cup matches. Set up displays, encourage people to sing. Have a mob of us 100 of us starting songs, try and build an atmosphere on the concourse, we can try and get block 115 next season and promote it as a singing area. etc etc etc But lets be honest if people just stand there saying nothing and don;t join in then the atmosphere isn't going to improve. We can only do our best. If our best isn't good enough then at least we are trying.

For me there are 2 issues that create the poor atmosphere at times. Firstly for what has already been said, the divided singing section split by vocal away fans.

Secondly it makes no difference what is played before the kick off as thousands of fans don't take their place until kick-off or beyond. at places like Anfield it seems this is the opposite with few spare seats and singing in full voice as players walk out.

I would have thought putting the away fans high in the stadium will create the home end that is missing, logistically it may not be possible and it may therefore be a never ending solution

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.