19 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2024/25

Blue_Lightsaber

Team supported
Man City
Very nice of Txiki and Pep to give Gundo a year off sipping Martinis under the Mediterranean sun to recharge his batteries.

Looks mentally fresh like he is totally up for it.. slotted in seamlessly and combined nicely with Rico and Haaland a few times in his 30 min cameo.

We almost went back to the treble system when he came on.. Bernardo/ Grealish wingers, 3 at the back, double pivot in midfield.

And a clear and beloved appreciated welcome back from the not emptyhad! You can come home again! :)

His combination with haaland was enough today.

Will play much more than some expect.

I thought we looked much better when he came on. Stones is great alongside another midfielder, but I don't think he really worked as a lone DM. We were mainly missing him out and progressing the ball down the wings. I don't think he even touched the ball for the first 5 minutes he was on. When Gundo came on, we controlled the midfield again. Like he's never been gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.