19 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2024/25

Bringing him back was a no brainer with the idea that he could give Rodri a break, come off the bench for minutes and hold down the fort against "lesser" teams but with Rodri now out for the season there's fuck all chance he has the legs to see out 90 minutes constantly.

La Liga has sucked all the sharpness from his game too.

He wasn't great, I agree, but for me Gundo was poor. And Kova's been much better over the course of these opening 8 games...
Well Kova has scored 3 goals which helps but for me neither of them are playing great. I think we will get away with it in most games but when it comes to the CL in particular o don’t think we will. We need to buy someone in Jan I think but whether we will I don’t know.

Well Kova has scored 3 goals which helps but for me neither of them are playing great. I think we will get away with it in most games but when it comes to the CL in particular o don’t think we will. We need to buy someone in Jan I think but whether we will I don’t know.
Agree we need to make a move in January...

Think he'll look better when it's not all on him to create centrally. Next to Foden and Kevin he'll look like a nice metronome player, but without them he's being asked to perform a role he didn't even have in his first City stint.

erm, posession lost: kova and bernie 11 each, gundo 22. but kova’s always singled out, inevitably.

i agree about the january signing tho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.