19 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2024/25

There were plenty of similar performances during Gundo's first spell but he did deliver more times than not. With Rodri's injury we have no choice but have to use him more than expected.

Better without him Slows the game down and he isn’t showing anything like the old Gundo Pep is obcessed with him and it’s to the detriment of the team especially Erling How he stayed on for the whole game I’ll never know

I thought he was actually ok today. Not great but not awful.

What I think this match showed more than anything is that he doesn’t have the legs to cover the middle third any more and pairing him with Kovacic, who else struggles to cover areas and lacks pace, means our defenders are severely exposed.

I think it has to be Ilkay or Kovacic + Energy/Pace (McAtee/O’Reilly/Lewis).

Thought he was poor today and would have had him subbed off around the hour mark. Lot of poor decisions with his passes for me and too often seemed to pass aimlessly in the wolves box and it usually going straight to a wolves player. Still early days in the season and I'm sure/hope he'll pick up at some point

He's had a slow start but Gundo was not the problem today. He was fine, not great but he was at least getting himself into goalscoring positions and the few times we looked like we might create a chance, it generally involved him.

Bernardo was the odd man out today in midfield, didn't have a role in the setup and could and should have been sacrificed for foden with us keeping a pacy winger on the pitch.

He's had a slow start but Gundo was not the problem today. He was fine, not great but he was at least getting himself into goalscoring positions and the few times we looked like we might create a chance, it generally involved him.

Bernardo was the odd man out today in midfield, didn't have a role in the setup and could and should have been sacrificed for foden with us keeping a pacy winger on the pitch.
Bro, what game were you watching? Gundogan was God awful, in slow motion, sloppy with the ball...I am so sick of the anti Bernardo narrative. He worked his balls off defensively and was clean on the ball per usual...I can't believe some of the ridiculous shit I see posted on here...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.