19 | Ilkay Gundogan - 2024/25

To me it seems that since Rodri and KDB are out, Rodri especially, Pep is frightened of not having one of his most trusted soldiers out there. Gundogan should be a voice on the training pitch, dressing room and a sub when we want to kill a game. He cannot be our starting midfielder right now unless its against the likes of Bratislava or some lower league opposition in a cup game.

Unfortunately as things have fallen, we simply have no choice but to play him because Pep won't play Nunes.

I would have Bernardo in there instead of Gundo and stick to Savinho out on the right.

Probably being used a lot more than was originally planned due to the injuries to Rodri and especially KDB.

Still, seeing him get into attacking positions so naturally is great to see. Feel like we missed that last season - runners from deep - and the goals will start the more it happens.

I like him as a 6 more than Kovačić, him and Kova together make our midfield a little pedestrian.

I think we’re better off pairing one with Bernardo, Nunes or even a little deeper than usual.

Should have had 1 and could have had 2 the first half, second half he was a ghost.

Early days yet, as others have said we probably didn't expect him to play so much. Good news is he retired from International duty so he's got 2 weeks to have a minute and reflect. Very early days yet

Gundog has missed a fair few decent chances this season. If he had scored them we would be hailing his return as a success despite his lack of speed. I hope he gets his scoring back to where it was and all will be fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.