19 | Julian Alvarez - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worked hard yesterday and put another good shift in, but looked a bit lost yesterday. Not quite sure what role he’s playing at the moment.

Worked hard yesterday and put another good shift in, but looked a bit lost yesterday. Not quite sure what role he’s playing at the moment.

I thought that, he struck me as the odd one out. Everywhere he’d normally find space, he space was occupied. Aided and abetted by Gundogan being able to play in the 10 role as Leeds were so stupidly deep rendering a no.6 unnecessary.

He did Ok yesterday. Obviously he was playing deeper than normal - taking turns with Kdb to support the front three and look for his own space for a chance - but the one that came to him he made a hash of. I think it's all part of the learning curve for him - and for Pep - can he play as one of two attacking midfielders? His energy and tenaciousness made him a good source of recovering the ball - he was making himself available as support for Foden or Gundo - but his first touch was letting him down a bit and he seemed a bit unsure or which positions to take up - or when he could get himself closer to Haaland. But there was enough to suggest it is an option - and the more he does it, the more he will learn.

He isnt good enough to replace Erling and he is too good not to be involved,so i suspect Pep is tinkering with his ability and looking at ways to do exactly that.

He should've played at least 15min in my opinion, Haaland seemed tired and completely disconnected from the rest, (though it wasn't only his fault) and Real Madrid were leaving open spaces at that point.

My feeling is Alvarez will play a decisive role in some of the remaining games.

He should've played at least 15min in my opinion, Haaland seemed tired and completely disconnected from the rest, (though it wasn't only his fault) and Real Madrid were leaving open spaces at that point.
25 minutes at least.

Was sloppy at times but I’d continue seeing how he can grow behind Erling. We could be looking at two outgoings in the midfield and he might be asked to play a bit deeper than he’s used to. Pep is experimenting and I’m totally fine with it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.