19 | Julian Alvarez - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had no off-season for almost 2 years, next season he will be one of the world's best.
That's true but this was his worst game so far, he didn't look tired in my opinion, he just made too many mistakes and struggled controlling the ball the entire game. It's all good though, it can happen to any great player like him.

Needs time to learn how to play in this new position.
Indeed, i think he's struggling to find his place because the team attacks with so many players and the opponent plays with so many defenders that there just isn't enough space for him to show his strengths, Haaland can wait in the area because he's big and tall, Julian needs space, he needs to make runs.

I think he's actually being molded into our Gundogan/ KDB replacement by Pep.

He'll go through some growing pains but he is clearly trusted by Pep and puts in a real defensive shift.

So sit back, relax and watch Pep work his magic on him. We might not see the finished product for a few seasons though!

When he scored against Real Madrid, the match had opened up, but Alvarez started the play with his tackle and finished it. I would love to see more of him next season.

Reactions: JDV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.