19 | Julian Alvarez - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next season will be bigger and better for him.

This season has been a tough one for him but we had to manage him right.

The Argentine season lapped into our pre-season so he has near played 14 straight months or so of football, including a world cup of which he won.

Next season I think we will see him much more rotating with Haaland and maybe even starting over Erling in the fixtures where we can afford to rest Haaland.

Haaland benefitted hugely from not having a world cup and in effect having an extra month off in November/December.

Next season we will have to manage his games more.

Deserved to play at least 10 minutes in both this final and the FA Cup final as well. He' been a game changer so many times this season.
Julian might've been more active than Haaland late in the game, but I think Pep wanted Erl's size for set piece defending until the whistle.

Julian might've been more active than Haaland late in the game, but I think Pep wanted Erl's size for set piece defending until the whistle.
Yeah but when you usually accumulate so many people in your area you generally end up doing more harm than good, the last 10 minutes were a pretty good example of that, thank god Ederson was there (and also Lukaku haha). The same applies to putting too many attackers inside the other box, they usually end up creating less danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.