19 | Julian Alvarez - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
0-1 loss agg over 2 legs, Velez deserved it, Julian was largely neutralized over the 2 legs, sooooo glad I don't have to watch River matches anymore, sad River's form cratered at the end of his career there but big things await him with City, chin up kiddo
Chaotic end, but enjoyable game for a neutral. Thought the RP goal was good.

Thought the RP goal was good.
wasn't sure what the rule was but this reddit post seems to indicate the ref got it right ...
It is an offence if a player:
• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
• scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
• after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
  • scores in the opponents’ goal
  • creates a goal-scoring opportunity

wasn't sure what the rule was but this reddit post seems to indicate the ref got it right ...
Yes. But did it touch his arm? I don’t think anyone could say it did. And if it did, was it not above the shirt line! Personally think the onfield decision should have held. But there you go. I think we’ve learned with VAR that sometimes you just can’t tell what’s happened.

It struck me as I watched his interview, - I have a very good feeling about this lad, and I think he'll surprise many of us with what he's capable of.

really looking forward to watching him play.

For me he's like a hybrid of Aguero (how he scores), Muller (how he operates to find space) and Mbappe (how he runs).

interesting series of tweets analyzing Julian's qualities with video examples - just keep scrolling down
[I like that the OP includes the main weakness I noticed, too - his loose control]
It's a hell of a gamble banking on him to hit the ground running with Sterling and Jesus out the door.

I've said previously that when I was watching Jesus at palmeiras years back, I could see the potential there at 18 years old. He was a fantastic athlete is what jumped off the screen. I watched enough Alvarez since the signing to at least form an opinion and I just haven't seen 'it'. Not a killer in the box like some on here have said, small and not super pacy. I think the PL is a bridge too far, too soon. Really don't know why Pep and Txiki have ruled out a loan so early and adamantly. Hope I'm wrong about him, obviously.

I think he will surprise a few on here, time will tell. His shooting skills are amazing. He is not slow by any means. And I like his attitude.

Reactions: JDV
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.