19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am flabbergasted at people who say Alvarez is not good enough for us, If he played for one of our main rivals I’d dread to see him on the pitch.
I think that most posters are saying that he isn`t best suited to the role of a midfielder and is far better as a striker and as much as I like the lad, I have to agree with them.

I am flabbergasted at people who say Alvarez is not good enough for us, If he played for one of our main rivals I’d dread to see him on the pitch.
I can only speak for myself when I say he has ZERO business playing as a midfielder over Phil.

Phil has paid his dues and continues to play second fiddle to lesser players.

I have a question for Blue Moon: if Alvarez was an academy prospect, do you think he'd still be consistently starting centrally over Phil if the latter was purchased for a fee? I damn sure don't.

None of our main rivals would play him as a midfielder. He'd be main or second striker.

Pep's pushing too many square pegs into round holes. Alvarez isn't good enough as a midfielder - that's not his fault. He's a striker.

another side of him being in the line up as a midfielder which aint a great fit for him:

it leaves us without a striker on the bench, which is usually the number 1 substitution at all other clubs when a goal is needed, bring on another striker or replace the struggling/injured striker.
imagine a big CL game needing a goal to go next round, Alvarez starts as midfielder, subbed off at 60 min due to similar display to todays, 70. minute Haaland injured, we have no one upfront really and needing and our CL fate is on the line going into extra time/pen shootout without a striker.

it all stems from not replacing Gundogan properly.

100% he's had a sulk at his playing time last season and Pep is having to fit him in to keep him happy.

If playing in midfield is making him happy I'd rather he sat his ass on the bench and hand in a transfer request in summer, can't play in midfield and isn't a great striker either, overated with a touch like the undertaker.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.