19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets a lot of abuse on this forum, but he is our number 1 (statistically) chance creator this season, top 3 for goals, and 1st for work rate. Pep is trying him out in various ways around the pitch, which sometimes doesn't help, but he is a magnificent footballer, that's for sure.
Incredible the abuse this lad gets, since he walked through the door his contribution has been outstanding, compare that to Phillips yet the same morons think he is a nice bloke and have catalogues of excuses why he has not performed.

A brilliant player to have in the squad. Works so hard and has so much quality. Changed the game when he came on because he's so comfortable anywhere in the forward line and will get back and help out defensively. Another assist from him, I love these Argies at City!

Last edited:
Players who constantly get goals are worth their weight in goal

I refuse to believe that Jota is a top player, but his goals are what count and they get Liverpool points

Alvarez is good, potentially very good and he's a huge asset to have in the squad

No maybe he shouldn't start but if you want a "attacking squad player" there are few better than him

I just watched the second half of the Derby and Alvarez played great when he came on...didn't realise just how good he was. He is not only an excellent player but his attitude is also spot on.

He is just need to have a few rest so he can be at the top of his game again.

Again - KDB's corners are mostly ACE!
Silva's are OK, hit-and-miss.
Alvarez's are mostly bad.

We're the top side in all of world football - but for some reason, if KDB and Silva are out, we consistently take shit corners (Alvarez).

That said:
* Alvarez is young and will improve
* Alvarez works his ass off and contributes towards defense
* Alvarez doesn't stir up shit - he's a team player

I like Alvarez and think he's a great contributor towards our success. But please, dear God, let someone else, anyone else, take our corners!
Weird take given that nobody has created more goals from set pieces than Alvarez this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.