19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alvarez has been brilliant so far this season but had his boots on the wrong feet yesterday. He may benefit from a bit of a rest for a month?

He's a great player but doesn't have the pace to lead a line.

He's more of a second striker, but he's not even close to a better 10 than Phil is, so I'm not sure where he fits when Haaland gets back.

Not doing enough for me, the shot that was blocked was poor, defender should never have been given the chance, we looked better with Phil as false 9. Striking is his best attribute but at times his first touch is so bad it doesn't set himself well enough to take on the shot.

He's more of a second striker, but he's not even close to a better 10 than Phil is, so I'm not sure where he fits when Haaland gets back.

We'll play two games a week if we go deep in the cup competitions, he'll have plenty of minutes.

He doesn’t need pace though because we’re not a counter attacking team, he’s a player that links both the midfield and attacking pockets well, the 4th goal he scored against RM where Phil played him in highlights this, his positional sense and awareness around the box is exceptional.

He doesn’t need pace though because we’re not a counter attacking team, he’s a player that links both the midfield and attacking pockets well, the 4th goal he scored against RM where Phil played him in highlights this, his positional sense and awareness around the box is exceptional.
Agreed. I should have worded it better. Versus teams that leave space behind like Spurs/Newcastle, I felt he was hesitant even to attempt to make those runs behind as he knew he wasn't winning footraces versus their CBs.

Agreed. I should have worded it better. Versus teams that leave space behind like Spurs/Newcastle, I felt he was hesitant even to attempt to make those runs behind as he knew he wasn't winning footraces versus their CBs.
I think Julian could've benefited so much from KdB and Doku as they have a lot of chemistry, i wish Pep hadn't subbed him off so soon.

Last season’s Haaland, yes, but this season’s iteration has often been just as profligate. Need to hope that when he does come back that he is as rejuvenated as de Bruyne appears.

Haaland hasn't played in nearly 2 months and is still premier league top scorer on 14.

Has he missed good chances? Yeah. He did last season too but the memory of those got washed away with the success. All top players miss them.

He's still been smashing it this season and was averaging a goal per game, just like he ended up on last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.