19 | Julian Alvarez - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frustrating this season. Not sure if he is going to get any better or is tired. Pep not playing him properly is also an issue.

We seen the same thing with Phil in the past and Rodri.

Not sure but I hope he can kick on again before the season ends. A talent no doubt but how good is yet to be known. Lost possession a lot today.

He had a bad game, no doubt about it, he still had some good actions that the vid didn't showed (on purpose probably)

Yet since day one a video can be made that he rarely was put in an advantage position to score frequently since he arrived to the club, his runs into space are vastly ignored the majority of times, sthg that happened/and happens to Erling too, but still the Norwegian is way more assisted by Kev, Silva, Foden and cia.

Now that he is even less used and played a new position every match, with his confidence and form going down, this was expected.

BTW in the game per se, I don't think any of the other offensive fellas was doing great at all and that's also due to the talent of Liverpool to press and then keep the ball.

Like I've said long ago, he ain't an Aguero or Tevez type of fella, in his best form he is more of a Muller type of one, that can move and influence from various positions but he is mainly a second forward with goals in him. He has to be use more when he pressures and when he runs into space and with the style City has, his hieracrcy in the team, he won't get that type of service that much. In a sense when you think about it, being a second forward and a striker in ocasions, he is the one playing more for the team than the team for him, when normally should be the other way around.
This can easily be showed in some attemps when loosing balance, or from long distances shots that in the past he would not have even tried it if he weren't feelimng that he has to grab from the neck every little chance he receives a ball in a more or less scoring position.

Last edited:
Frustrating this season. Not sure if he is going to get any better or is tired. Pep not playing him properly is also an issue.

We seen the same thing with Phil in the past and Rodri.

Not sure but I hope he can kick on again before the season ends. A talent no doubt but how good is yet to be known. Lost possession a lot today.

Talking about frustrating season it's a bit over the top when he is in the top three providers in goals and assists of the team. But he definitly looks more nervous, more incline to loose the ball due to a certain degree of impatience that I do think comes from the scenario I've talked about in my prior post.

Got to be honest, I've wanted to see him on the wing for a while now, thought he could be a better fit there than as an 8/10. It did not work today, i wouldnt abandon the idea entirely after his second game there in the toughest match of our season though. His touch isn't great at the best of times but it was especially poor today and it got us into all manner of problems.
Kids got no pace whatsoever so not really gonna cut it wide. Yes Bernie can do a job there but as we all know his touch is ridiculous

Got to be honest, I've wanted to see him on the wing for a while now, thought he could be a better fit there than as an 8/10. It did not work today, i wouldnt abandon the idea entirely after his second game there in the toughest match of our season though. His touch isn't great at the best of times but it was especially poor today and it got us into all manner of problems.

Yeah but not on the left, he's been struggling too much with ball control, playing him on the left will only worsen this issue.

As bad as he was today, I do actually think away from home we should be considering him up top as a false 9 and dropping Haaland.

He should be on the bench coming in for Haaland If he’s not performing because we have no other attacker which is crazy considering we are the best team in the world .
We have no other attackers ? What do you think wingers are, what do attacking midfielders do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.