194.5m losses 2010/2011

The thing that gets me is fans of clubs outside the Sky 4 and ourselves thinking that FFPR is gonna fuck us up. I don't think it will, but it'll fuck them up because they won't be able to spend big to buy the players needed to make them good enough to compete in the 'top 4'. Why don't they see that?

We are so lucky its untrue. But after everything I've seen from this club in my life we deserve it as much as anyone.

Big Fish said:
The thing that gets me is fans of clubs outside the Sky 4 and ourselves thinking that FFPR is gonna fuck us up. I don't think it will, but it'll fuck them up because they won't be able to spend big to buy the players needed to make them good enough to compete in the 'top 4'. Why don't they see that?

We are so lucky its untrue. But after everything I've seen from this club in my life we deserve it as much as anyone.

Yeah non-top four fans pleased about FFPR are like turkeys voting for Christmas.

It may sound a bit arrogant but I just point out that people like Sheikh Mansour say jump and people like Michel Platini ask how high, and they must be incredibly naive if they don't know that that's how the world works by now.

babua_blue said:
Season ticket revenues/gate receipts - £20m - CHECK

I have asked this question earlier on this forum aswell but never got a satisfactory answer . Maybe those blues who are from Manchester may throw some light on this . Liverpool is not as big as Manchester and liverpool are not in CL aswell . Then how do they generate around 40m - 50 m whereas we despite having a bigger stadium only generate 20 mil . Rags only have 30 k more than us but they generate 125 mil !! i understand higher prices in london but why do we generate so less compared to Liverpud and rags :( .
for the rags it's hospitality/premium seats. They have over 8,000 whereas we have no more than 2,000. Their premium seats bring in about 60% of their revenue. Also the rags charge a lot more per seat and there is much greater price differentiation between different parts of the ground. We're starting to do that now so ticket revenues will be creeping up but to match them we need a far bigger hospitality offering than we have at the moment.

Liverpool charge a lot more for season tickets than we do.
LiverpoolST.png

We're dooooooooooomed.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=186407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=186407</a>

The title made me split my sides laughing.

Re: Re: 194.5m losses 2010/2011

LoveCity said:
We're dooooooooooomed.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=186407" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=186407</a>

The title made me split my sides laughing.

Insightful

No doubt Swiss Ramble will have a take on this. It'll be interesting to see if he believes the figures are in line with what was expected after the significant investment. Looking at the blog we can probably expect to hear his say on it by the start of December.

My thoughts are that we've pretty much achieved everything that Swiss Ramble talked about last year in his blog about our previous years losses:

Champions League
Increase in commercial revenue
A decrease in wages over the next few years
A decrease in amortisation over the next few years
Developing the areas outside the stadium, which we now call the Etihad Campus (more long term)
Increase in stadium gates by upgrading hospitality suites (although this could be improved further)

It's hard to see how this years accounts have surprised people, it's exactly how we needed to invest in order to attain the long term goal of becoming profitable whilst playing at the very top.

If anything we're over-achieving expectations, still in all 4 competitions (=£), top of the league (=£), more TV revenue (=£).

If we keep this level of performance up on the pitch, whilst continuing to increase commercial revenues off it, we will be comfortably in line to break even come the first 3-year assessment.

southern muppet said:
Big Fish said:

Yeah non-top four fans pleased about FFPR are like turkeys voting for Christmas.

It may sound a bit arrogant but I just point out that people like Sheikh Mansour say jump and people like Michel Platini ask how high, and they must be incredibly naive if they don't know that that's how the world works by now.
It isn't arrogant to say that we spent money to get here. Everybody did - even Arsenal with their youth had to start somewhere - and Bruce Rioch got that going. They just don't choose to see that,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.