1970's MCFC

Of course, that and the Green End were my locals. We only congregated at the Albion on match days.
I used to get barred from the Farmers on a regular basis!
Haha good man, most people got barred from the Farmers on a regular basis but were always allowed back in.
My locals were generally the Farmers, Vic, Mauldeth and the Talbot, all quality pubs.

Wonder if this was the same lad I remember being hung by his scarf over one of the entrances to the Kippax. If so, the last I saw of him, the knot came undone, he fell about 15ft to the ground and legged it down the tunnel.

I often wonder what would have happened if the knot hadn't come undone.
no,this was about 1975
I was stood waiting to go into the kippax just after you come in
i was stood with a mate of mine who was a rag and his parents had let him come with us

my dad and grandad had gone for a piss
this rag comes through the turnstile with a utd scarf on
he immediately got confronted
ended up he got literally kicked unconscious
it had been raining all week and there were big puddles everywhere
he got kicked into a puddle where he eventually came around

i always remember a a bloke grabbing him and saying get back over
that wall or i will kick you over it,meaning the way he had come in via the turnstile
i hate utd,but i hate what i witnessed that day
stays with you

i was 10 years old

This is a photo of my 21st birthday party on 26/6/1977.
The 3 guys at the front were all part of the Fred/Sid crew.
The guy with the tash was Denny(Paul), next to him is Chris,and stood next to him is Mike (Keeny).
At the back holding the can up is Big John,who walked from town to OT with his City scarf on and not one red had a go at him.
I am in the middle with the silver tankard in my hand.(a 21st birthday present).
Anybody recognise anyone on this photo??
View attachment 25554
Fucking hell mate, hardly a ‘crew’ lol. Just lads that grew up together and then met other blues who liked a laugh with a similar mentality. Great times and I wouldn’t have missed a minute of it.

You’re spot on with the names but I don’t recognise anybody else. Paul still goes with Fred, Chris stopped a few years ago after a remarriage and ‘Keane Kid’ flits from Australia to Cambodia - don’t ask why as I don’t want to know either. Lol

Haha good man, most people got barred from the Farmers on a regular basis but were always allowed back in.
My locals were generally the Farmers, Vic, Mauldeth and the Talbot, all quality pubs.
Yes, I remember Fred picking you and other guys up from those pubs.
Also the one in the centre of Chorlton (next to the Nat West Bank) and also the Parrs Wood,which was near to where Fred lived at the time.

Fucking hell mate, hardly a ‘crew’ lol. Just lads that grew up together and then met other blues who liked a laugh with a similar mentality. Great times and I wouldn’t have missed a minute of it.

You’re spot on with the names but I don’t recognise anybody else. Paul still goes with Fred, Chris stopped a few years ago after a remarriage and ‘Keane Kid’ flits from Australia to Cambodia - don’t ask why as I don’t want to know either. Lol
I wondered why you were not at my 21st party that night, I think you were working nights or something.
Not sure why Fred wasn't there, he was definitely invited as all the South Manchester lads were.
I also remember going on a coach to Blackpool with all those guys for a day out.
I can't remember if it was a birthday etc, or if it was just a "jolly boys" outing. LoL.

No deffo at OT @ 1977.
I saw him walk past about 6 feet from where I was stood in the Scoreboard Paddock.
It looked worse than it actually was.
Apologies. There was an earlier photo of someone with a dart in his head. That's the one I was talking about

Me too.
I also like the aggression at darts matches.
Throwing sharp pointy bits of steel at a piece of wood really satisfies my deepest Neanderthal urges.
One huundredd and eightyyy !!!!
I'll never forget the Infamous Luton Town game when we got relegated in 83. I was right next to the divide in the Kippax and noticed a big angry Luton fan shaking the rails trying to get at us. He had a mohican with their colours dyed into it, Orange white and blue. Next minute someone threw a dart and stuck in his forehead. Didn't bother him much, he just pulled it out and threw it back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.