1976 League Cup Final Pictures

Was the bottom one the souvenir LP( radio commentary?) recording of the final?
I was lucky enough to be at the match and I'm pretty sure my parents bought me it for my next birthday. Over the next few years it would have been on the old record player a few times !
Did anyone have video recorders in those days to record the match? Can't remember anyone I know having one. It may also have been possible to buy a copy of the final on film to put on one of those projector things?
From memory, I think Tueart's iconic overhead kick was on the opening credits of The Big Match the following season, so at least we were able to watch that goal again a few times.
Have I actually imagined all the above? anyone remember any of these 'facts,'?

The following home game, Sheffield United, DT scored what I remember to be another overhead kick at the NS Kippax side of the goal.

Was a long long time ago.....

Was the bottom one the souvenir LP( radio commentary?) recording of the final?
I was lucky enough to be at the match and I'm pretty sure my parents bought me it for my next birthday. Over the next few years it would have been on the old record player a few times !
Did anyone have video recorders in those days to record the match? Can't remember anyone I know having one. It may also have been possible to buy a copy of the final on film to put on one of those projector things?
From memory, I think Tueart's iconic overhead kick was on the opening credits of The Big Match the following season, so at least we were able to watch that goal again a few times.
Have I actually imagined all the above? anyone remember any of these 'facts,'?
Game wasn’t shown live

Game wasn’t shown live
Yep. League Cup final wasn’t live on TV until the mid 80s. It was always a Saturday 3pm kickoff back in the old days. Highlights on Sunday (from memory it was always ITV rather than Match of the Day on Saturday night) was the first time anyone got to see footage of the final.

Yep. League Cup final wasn’t live on TV until the mid 80s. It was always a Saturday 3pm kickoff back in the old days. Highlights on Sunday (from memory it was always ITV rather than Match of the Day on Saturday night) was the first time anyone got to see footage of the final.
Yes, that's how I remember it, Sunday afternoon highlights for League Cup Final.
The only live TV games back then we're the FA Cup Final, European Cup Final, some England matches (always the Scotland one in the Home Internationals) and games from the World Cup Finals and European Championships. Bizarrely they also showed the 2nd half of a West Brom v China friendly once!

I was there, amazing day. Remember the geordies dressed up as pandas. Very friendly final. Dennis is and always be the king of all geordies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.