1980's City centre pub help?

Blue2112

Was talking to a mate tonight about when we used to go out down town in the mid 80's, meet up in the Shakespeare early doors on to Rosies Bar and then walk over to a boozer at the back of Lewis's near where the Millionaire club used to be. If you came out of Rosies and headed towards the back of Piccadilly down that side street it was somewhere there. We think it had a revolving door entrance, had private booths inside and a downstairs and I swear it had red leather upholstery haha. Neither of us can remember the name though - can anyone else?

Then we'd usually go one of either two ways the first to Mother Mac's before heading over to the Umist, Swinging Sporran, Old Garratt, Lass O' Gowrie, the Shady Lady and up Oxford Rd to Jillys. Second option from the pub with no name was down to the Sportsmans on Market St, the Town Hall Tavern, the Square Albert, The City, the Vine and the Crown all next to each other and sometimes the Seven Oaks in Chinatown then over to Jillys.

Does anyone remember the Hortz pub downstairs in St. Annes Sq, walked in once and thought I'd entered some New Romantic Hareem with all these men dressed as women lay around on cushions, suppose there was some women in there as well. Strange days but loads of fun and fond memories.

The Cyprus Tavern was another favourite. Ahhhh the memories, fuck I feel old all of a sudden. Anyway what the fuck was the pub behind Lewis's called?

I know the one you mean mate. As I was reading your description I was just thinking didn't it have a revolving door and then you said it. I used to work near there and usually went in Rosie's or The Shakespeare but sometimes went in the place you describe.

Now the bad news - I can't remember the name either. BUT I reckon my mate will remember. Will check with him tomorrow and get back to you.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:08 am --<br /><br />Racking my brain and just thought was it The Trafalgur ? Might be completely wrong but that rings a bell.

The Crown, corner fountain st and booth st,
<a class="postlink" href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=m2%200ln&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&cli ... a=N&tab=wl</a>
shit beer and knobheads usually.

I can never remember the name of the pub near Piccadilly train station.If you come out of the Waldorf walk to the end of that little road and it's a short distance down the maine road on the right hand side?

Cockney.

The Athenaeum is further down York St on the corner of Spring Gardens. I think its still there, not been that area of town for a while , even then don't notice the pub cos I never went in it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.