1980's City centre pub help?

Was it The Beer House on Rochdale Road? Big white pub with loads of real ales. And what was the one further down on the same side of the road? Had great times in both of them.<br /><br />-- Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:59 am --<br /><br />
tommyducks said:
Was it The Beer House on Rochdale Road? Big white pub with loads of real ales. And what was the one further down on the same side of the road? Had great times in both of them.
Just remembered - it was the Marble Arch - apparently still there too!

Used to go in the beer house in the late 80's and meet up with a load of Blues from Droylsden, greta lads and still occassionally bump into a few of them at games. No it wasn't the beer house, I think Robsta might be right with The Trafalgar. I said to my mate I'm sure it began with a T but could only think of the Thompsons which was over in the village.

The Beer House is now re-named the Angel. So that's my next Manchester pub crawl sorted- maybe with the Crown and Kettle thrown in!

cockneycarparkm32 said:
Remember it when it was Athenaem (sp), it had revolving doors , a gallery and a small side room bar is bang in the middle of the main room. They had to put doormen on it to uphold the revolving door etiquette. Happy days.

The Athenaem got shut down on match days due to all the City hoolies going in

Blue2112 said:
Used to go in the beer house in the late 80's and meet up with a load of Blues from Droylsden, greta lads and still occassionally bump into a few of them at games. No it wasn't the beer house, I think Robsta might be right with The Trafalgar. I said to my mate I'm sure it began with a T but could only think of the Thompsons which was over in the village.
me mate who's got a few years on me says its deffo the trafalgar...

It's definitely the Trafalgar, Blue 2112. Mate of mine was a manager there for a while in the 80's.....

Athenaeum is still going, was one of the missus's pubs for a while til a couple of years ago....underground car park was always handy when down town shopping, lol.

Anyone remember the name of another forgotten pub, it was late 70's/early 80's and tucked away down side street where Boots is in the Arndale.....Was a Boddies place? Didn't last too long I don't think.

Gaudino said:
It's definitely the Trafalgar, Blue 2112. Mate of mine was a manager there for a while in the 80's.....

Athenaeum is still going, was one of the missus's pubs for a while til a couple of years ago....underground car park was always handy when down town shopping, lol.

Anyone remember the name of another forgotten pub, it was late 70's/early 80's and tucked away down side street where Boots is in the Arndale.....Was a Boddies place? Didn't last too long I don't think.
was in there once on derby day scum turned up put the windows through it was like a war zone afterwards also used to go in a pub on market st near the underground market any one remember that pub?

Blue2112 - I must have been in the same pub as you at somepoint, that's practically my old pub crawl! Wouldn't have got that name. My mate used to own the Garrett, was a good night there.

Here's another one. The pub at the top of the old entrance to The Arndale Centre opp Marks and Spencers now gone?

manchester blue said:
Blue2112 - I must have been in the same pub as you at somepoint, that's practically my old pub crawl! Wouldn't have got that name. My mate used to own the Garrett, was a good night there.

Here's another one. The pub at the top of the old entrance to The Arndale Centre opp Marks and Spencers now gone?
The John Willy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.