1980's Umbro City Shirts

@City_Shirts Do you collect other memorabilia, or is it just match worn shirts?

I've got the match ball from the 2011/12 home derby, won by Vincent Kompany's shiny bonce, along with POA certificate - my pride and joy.
I’m a bit gutted reading about all these shirts. Back in the mid 80’s Glyn pardoe used to pop round to drop off new players shirts. They weren’t your cheap Phillips Umbro replicas. I had 2 home tops, the black/red striped and the black red cheque one, all numbered up. All went in the bin when I moved out from my mums. I used to have a fully signed Gio kinkladze long sleeve brother shirt which was auctioned by Alan ball. Decided to sell it on EBay in 2011 to a lad from bury for £450. Wish I still had them.

I’m a bit gutted reading about all these shirts. Back in the mid 80’s Glyn pardoe used to pop round to drop off new players shirts. They weren’t your cheap Phillips Umbro replicas. I had 2 home tops, the black/red striped and the black red cheque one, all numbered up. All went in the bin when I moved out from my mums. I used to have a fully signed Gio kinkladze long sleeve brother shirt which was auctioned by Alan ball. Decided to sell it on EBay in 2011 to a lad from bury for £450. Wish I still had them.
Insane. Why on earth would you bin them, I can understand selling on Ebay, I did it myself with the pinstripe Saab and the Philips checkerboard cos I needed the cash.
Could never bring myself to bin a City shirt, I still have all mine that I didn't sell.

Insane. Why on earth would you bin them, I can understand selling on Ebay, I did it myself with the pinstripe Saab and the Philips checkerboard cos I needed the cash.
Could never bring myself to bin a City shirt, I still have all mine that I didn't sell.
I used to wear them until they were well worn. I’d even go to bed in them. I think the felt had worn off the checked one, and my mum had put an iron burn on Andy mays home shirt.

I bet you are as they sound like some amazing shirts but how good a statement is that 'Glyn Pardoe' used to pop round !!

Them Kinkladze shirt was sold recently for about £3k but I'm sure that won't help ease the pain ;-)

I bet you are as they sound like some amazing shirts but how good a statement is that 'Glyn Pardoe' used to pop round !!

Them Kinkladze shirt was sold recently for about £3k but I'm sure that won't help ease the pain ;-)
Pardoe used to take £20 off my nan for the shirts. I paid £150 to my boss for the kinkladze one. He had been bidding for it and didn’t know who he was. It sold for £350 at auction, but he threw it across the table and said gimme £150. I sold the shirt to fund my wedding abroad. Wish I’d not done both. Still married though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.