1st , 2nd ,3rd ,4th ..you decide

10.Goater_Legend said:
Darker shade of Blue said:
I think what you say is fair to be honest. You're right, and we haven't won an awful lot, but we've had some very rich relatives to deal with along the way, and still came out with a little pride.
One bad season, but to be fair, it was more our own inability to field a fit squad as much as it was other teams being better than us.

Despite results, if you watch Everton play, and I don't suppose you do, then you would see just how much we dominate other teams, including Spurs, Villa, and even City to be fair. We're just unable to have strength in depth, but we're decent in depth. Our first 11 is capable of winning the League, and easily on form, as good as Chelsea or United, but as you said, we need to invest, as it takes more than 11. We do however have some very strong fringe players, and if we can actually avoid injury, who knows. I don't think a top 4 finish is out of reach.
City on the other hand are a bit like a National side. Lots of big names, but no experience of playing together. I wouldn't expect too much too soon.
I don't doubt that mate, you have a brilliant core to your side, which most clubs in the Prem would love to have (including Liverpool) and I have watched you a lot over the last 2 years, since February '08 when you beat us 2-0 at Eastlands in fact. You do dominate teams and you play some good stuff at times with Arteta pulling the strings.

But, I just think it's going to be incredibly hard for you to ever pull off a top 4 finish again whilst...

A) You have the likes of Yakubu (not the same after injury), Vaughan and Anichebe to fall back on when you have injury's and...

B) You're at Goodison Park, because it will prevent you from attracting investors.

Without doubt Moyes best achievement was the top 4 finish in 2005, but since then the likes of ourselves, Villa and Spurs have strengthened considerably and Liverpool are no longer top 3 material meaning it's much more harder to obtain a top 4 spot. Which is why I think you will struggle to better what you already have done untill you attract investment.

However I do believe you will be in the running for the majority of next season to finish in the top 4 and I also think you will finish above Liverpool.

Well, we were pretty close regarding a new ground, so that particular situation is at least at the front of our minds.

As for strikers, we've brought 3 more in this season, so we have a few more options. I know they're not £100 million superstars, but Moyes has an eye for talent, as has been proven with many of our senior players, so the future looks ok.
A winger, as Donovan proved, and we'll be revving the engines loudly soon.

As for Manchester City, I think we will finish 4th (maybe 3rd if Arsenal lose Fabregas) which is a good solid season imo, I reckon we also have a great chance of lifting the Europa League.

However I do get the feeling we could make a slow start with all the new signings, and it's imperative that we stick behind Mancini, because we can't keep sacking managers. If we do start slow we must remember, we have great depth of quality in the squad and that depth will pull is through in the long run and deliver a Champions League spot.

As for the other cups, I get the feeling he will field a weakened side in the Carling Cup and I fancy at least the Q/F's in the FA Cup.

10.Goater_Legend said:
As for Manchester City, I think we will finish 4th (maybe 3rd if Arsenal lose Fabregas) which is a good solid season imo, I reckon we also have a great chance of lifting the Europa League.

However I do get the feeling we could make a slow start with all the new signings, and it's imperative that we stick behind Mancini, because we can't keep sacking managers. If we do start slow we must remember, we have great depth of quality in the squad and that depth will pull is through in the long run and deliver a Champions League spot.

As for the other cups, I get the feeling he will field a weakened side in the Carling Cup and I fancy at least the Q/F's in the FA Cup.

He has a lot of players to keep happy. I can't see too many players playing both cup and league. It isn't in Mancini's interest to tire players out.

10.Goater_Legend said:
I don't doubt that mate, you have a brilliant core to your side, which most clubs in the Prem would love to have (including Liverpool) and I have watched you a lot over the last 2 years, since February '08 when you beat us 2-0 at Eastlands in fact. You do dominate teams and you play some good stuff at times with Arteta pulling the strings.

But, I just think it's going to be incredibly hard for you to ever pull off a top 4 finish again whilst...

A) You have the likes of Yakubu (not the same after injury), Vaughan and Anichebe to fall back on when you have injury's and...

B) You're at Goodison Park, because it will prevent you from attracting investors.

Without doubt Moyes best achievement was the top 4 finish in 2005, but since then the likes of ourselves, Villa and Spurs have strengthened considerably and Liverpool are no longer top 3 material meaning it's much more harder to obtain a top 4 spot. Which is why I think you will struggle to better what you already have done untill you attract investment.

However I do believe you will be in the running for the majority of next season to finish in the top 4 and I also think you will finish above Liverpool.

Well, we were pretty close regarding a new ground, so that particular situation is at least at the front of our minds.

As for strikers, we've brought 3 more in this season, so we have a few more options. I know they're not £100 million superstars, but Moyes has an eye for talent, as has been proven with many of our senior players, so the future looks ok.
Donovan would be a good signing, thought he did very well for you in January.

I here that Roque Santa Cruz lad is going on the market, he would be a great signing... :O)

Seriously though I think that you're looking at 5th/6th with a couple of good cup runs, could possibly with the League Cup considering you're not in Europe, unless we meet you ;)

10.Goater_Legend said:

Donovan would be a good signing, thought he did very well for you in January.

I here that Roque Santa Cruz lad is going on the market, he would be a great signing... :O)

Seriously though I think that you're looking at 5th/6th with a couple of good cup runs, could possibly with the League Cup considering you're not in Europe, unless we meet you ;)

Yep ....... if we meet you ( which we will at least twice ) your players will at least get to swap their shirts with their heroes :P

Minimum expectation is 4th

Above expectation is 3rd or 2nd

Outstanding would be 1st

It's a standard line the time to gel/settle in. However, these are quality players. The start of Sven's season tells us that the settling in period can be very short indeed. That season we ran out of steam but it shouldn't be the case this time as our 2nd tier players are of a much higher standard.

What a first trophy it could be in 34 years - the league title! Lol. I seriously believe we are a world class central defender short, that's all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.