1st , 2nd ,3rd ,4th ..you decide

Darker shade of Blue said:
bluemoon27 said:
you really do come on here and talk shite

We outplayed you twice last season matey, and in such a fashion that your fans had to eat humble pie and admit we were a great side. We've been one of the best sides in the league since, so why is it that the respect that we deserve, and actually received, is so quickly lost?

Our players are fit again, where as last year, we had at least a dozen first team players missing at one stage, and to a squad the size of ours, was a big deal.

You can laugh all you want at Beckford, but he is scoring for fun in pre-season, and looks the real deal. Players aren't borm at the top of the game, but progress. Adam Johnson is your own perfect example.

We don't have European travel, so we will be fresher, and hungrier, and besides, we have been the 5th best team for many years now. It is not unusual to expect us to improve.

If you think I talk shite, then close the curtains, because if you wank each other off with the lights on, you're bound to get a few strange stares. 5th is a compliment, or do you think you are suddenly football aristocracy, despite winning - NOTHING ?
That must surely apply to you as well then?, you've won 1 trophy in 20 years, hardly miles a head of us are you?. Under Moyes you've won fuck all in 8 years but mouth off about how successfully he is, you want improve on 5th because you've peaked, that is your level. Untill you invest in your squad you will never improve on it.

3rd and a trophy jst to stop the rags fuckin bangin on with that poster theyv got at the swamp

10.Goater_Legend said:
We outplayed you twice last season matey, and in such a fashion that your fans had to eat humble pie and admit we were a great side. We've been one of the best sides in the league since, so why is it that the respect that we deserve, and actually received, is so quickly lost?

Our players are fit again, where as last year, we had at least a dozen first team players missing at one stage, and to a squad the size of ours, was a big deal.

You can laugh all you want at Beckford, but he is scoring for fun in pre-season, and looks the real deal. Players aren't borm at the top of the game, but progress. Adam Johnson is your own perfect example.

We don't have European travel, so we will be fresher, and hungrier, and besides, we have been the 5th best team for many years now. It is not unusual to expect us to improve.

If you think I talk shite, then close the curtains, because if you wank each other off with the lights on, you're bound to get a few strange stares. 5th is a compliment, or do you think you are suddenly football aristocracy, despite winning - NOTHING ?
That must surely apply to you as well then?, you've won 1 trophy in 20 years, hardly miles a head of us are you?. Under Moyes you've won fuck all in 8 years but mouth off about how successfully he is, you want improve on 5th because you've peaked, that is your level. Untill you invest in your squad you will never improve on it.

I think what you say is fair to be honest. You're right, and we haven't won an awful lot, but we've had some very rich relatives to deal with along the way, and still came out with a little pride.
One bad season, but to be fair, it was more our own inability to field a fit squad as much as it was other teams being better than us.

Despite results, if you watch Everton play, and I don't suppose you do, then you would see just how much we dominate other teams, including Spurs, Villa, and even City to be fair. We're just unable to have strength in depth, but we're decent in depth. Our first 11 is capable of winning the League, and easily on form, as good as Chelsea or United, but as you said, we need to invest, as it takes more than 11. We do however have some very strong fringe players, and if we can actually avoid injury, who knows. I don't think a top 4 finish is out of reach.
City on the other hand are a bit like a National side. Lots of big names, but no experience of playing together. I wouldn't expect too much too soon.

Chelsea
City
Arsenal
Liverpool
Spurs
Everton
Villa
SCUM

With a bit of luck we might even win it!!!

10.Goater_Legend said:

I think what you say is fair to be honest. You're right, and we haven't won an awful lot, but we've had some very rich relatives to deal with along the way, and still came out with a little pride.
One bad season, but to be fair, it was more our own inability to field a fit squad as much as it was other teams being better than us.

Despite results, if you watch Everton play, and I don't suppose you do, then you would see just how much we dominate other teams, including Spurs, Villa, and even City to be fair. We're just unable to have strength in depth, but we're decent in depth. Our first 11 is capable of winning the League, and easily on form, as good as Chelsea or United, but as you said, we need to invest, as it takes more than 11. We do however have some very strong fringe players, and if we can actually avoid injury, who knows. I don't think a top 4 finish is out of reach.
City on the other hand are a bit like a National side. Lots of big names, but no experience of playing together. I wouldn't expect too much too soon.
I don't doubt that mate, you have a brilliant core to your side, which most clubs in the Prem would love to have (including Liverpool) and I have watched you a lot over the last 2 years, since February '08 when you beat us 2-0 at Eastlands in fact. You do dominate teams and you play some good stuff at times with Arteta pulling the strings.

But, I just think it's going to be incredibly hard for you to ever pull off a top 4 finish again whilst...

A) You have the likes of Yakubu (not the same after injury), Vaughan and Anichebe to fall back on when you have injury's and...

B) You're at Goodison Park, because it will prevent you from attracting investors.

Without doubt Moyes best achievement was the top 4 finish in 2005, but since then the likes of ourselves, Villa and Spurs have strengthened considerably and Liverpool are no longer top 3 material meaning it's much more harder to obtain a top 4 spot. Which is why I think you will struggle to better what you already have done untill you attract investment.

However I do believe you will be in the running for the majority of next season to finish in the top 4 and I also think you will finish above Liverpool.

10.Goater_Legend said:

I live in liverpool and have a load of mate who support Everton so as a result i've seen more of them than most. I understand what your saying about Everton dominating games but they only do it on certain occusions, usually against teams at the top of the league where you raise your game. But in others they are just fukin awful to watch and lack a lot of creativity when Arteta is missing

3rd, plus europa and a cup Tevez player of year, Balotelli young player, not greedy prem season after,

Its got to be 4th. Rags and chelski will be the top two and arsenal will not be far behind. We'll be up there fighting for the title but around feb time we'll slip away just as arsenal will. I think we'll win one maybe 2 of the 3 cups were in though and the season after we will make a serious bid for the title

I think you'll finish in 5th.

Other teams will 'want' to prove a point against you for now, and though I think you'll do well against the other top teams, it's the next tier of teams you'll get stung by.

If, Everton keep Pienaar and Arteta, I expect us to finish 3rd or 4th, if not push higher, such is the quality of our team. Moyes is due success, and I see it coming very soon.

See you on the way past ;o)

hahahahahahaha.................Love a good laugh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.