1st goal at Everton

bluethai

It was totally unacceptable to set up the wall of 4 with 2 of the shortest players in the team like that.
45233349.jpg

I thought the wall positioning was abit silly, along with givens to be honest. It was a goal which should have been prevented...and yes, wall full of small players is silly...but i guess its more useful to have the taller ones marking our players like Fellaini and Cahill

it's given job to organise the wall, it was poorly done, de jong shouldn't of stepped out and given shouldn't be beaten at the near post, it was an obvious target!

Can someone who is knowledgeable on the art of goalkeeping please explain something to me which has puzzled me for years?

When a keeper sets up his wall why do they ALWAYS put the wall on the side which is the shortest distance to the goal from where the free kick is being taken? When the ball goes over/through the wall as it did on Saturday a keeper then has less time to react (we may only be talking fractions of a second here) than he would if the free kick taker was made to go over/through the wall if it was stationed to cover the other corner! Also surely if the wall covers the other side the keeper then has a much better view of the free kick being taken?

I heard an interesting stat over the wekend.

Everton is the second tallest team in the premiership

City are the second smallest team in the premiership.

Another reason I believe Bobby has brought in Viera.

OrigamiNinja said:
Can someone who is knowledgeable on the art of goalkeeping please explain something to me which has puzzled me for years?

When a keeper sets up his wall why do they ALWAYS put the wall on the side which is the shortest distance to the goal from where the free kick is being taken? When the ball goes over/through the wall as it did on Saturday a keeper then has less time to react (we may only be talking fractions of a second here) than he would if the free kick taker was made to go over/through the wall if it was stationed to cover the other corner! Also surely if the wall covers the other side the keeper then has a much better view of the free kick being taken?

unless Garrido is taking the free kick against you.......

I blame Given for this! the wall had the wrong men in it, it was unbalanced, it was too far to the left (Givens right) to stop a Garrido@Wolves style goal but a man on the post would have stopped that, it outlines that we have very small players in too many positions in our team (Given Zab DeJong Robi Tevez Bellers SWP, Ireland if he plays etc etc ... we got bullied throughout the game on Sat and were just easily brushed aside by bigger stronger faster men and it will happen in other games against similar teams in this league!!) as we had to use up our few bigger men to mark their big men in the box!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.