2.45 pm Abide With Me...Tribute to Neil,Malcolm and others.

Is it just me or do the words to Abide With Me sum up being a blue? Keeping the faith and remaining loyal and steadfast through times of darkness and doubt?
Should be sung not only for Nelly and Big Mal but for every blue who has passed in the last 35 years and never lived to see May 14, 2011.
Hope they leave it to the fans and the military band, not ruined by a Z-list horseface from Essex.
RIP all blues.
And anyone singing 'M' bullshit near me will be fucking told, as they have been in the past and will be in the future.

stonerblue said:
mad4city said:
Good idea in principle but can we tread carefully...

Somewhere in the back of my memory there's a tale that 'Abide With Me' was first played/sung at a Cup Final in tribute to the then late Prince Albert. Now, I'm no royallist (there's an understatement) and I may even be wrong with the tale above but whatever the origin, it's got a heap of tradition behind it.
Us lot coming along and looking like we're hijacking it might not come across so well. It's not as if certain sections of the media are wont to take our side at the best of times so let's not give them any ammunition.

I know that the intention is all for the good here and I don't want to offend anybody's sense of goodwill. Please believe me on that point.

If we are lucky enough to win the cup, there'll have been a lot of blues who didn't make the thirty five year journey, through no fault of their own. Some of them will have been famous, most will have been joe soaps just like you and me. It's right that we should remember them all; win, lose or draw. Let's keep it simple and dignified, though. We don't want to make a circus out of our grief. There's far too many at that game already.

Submitted with respect.

Great post. Simple and dignified.

Agreed. Very well put.

Idea was never to take over "abide with me", was just to remind blues of its importance historically and to belt it out.

Simple and dignified the way it should be.

mike o said:
stonerblue said:
Great post. Simple and dignified.

Agreed. Very well put.

Idea was never to take over "abide with me", was just to remind blues of its importance historically and to belt it out.

Simple and dignified the way it should be.
Suspicion the Stokies are planning to belt it out too, so do not let them out sing us.

mad4city said:
Good idea in principle but can we tread carefully...

Somewhere in the back of my memory there's a tale that 'Abide With Me' was first played/sung at a Cup Final in tribute to the then late Prince Albert. Now, I'm no royallist (there's an understatement) and I may even be wrong with the tale above but whatever the origin, it's got a heap of tradition behind it.
Us lot coming along and looking like we're hijacking it might not come across so well. It's not as if certain sections of the media are wont to take our side at the best of times so let's not give them any ammunition.

I know that the intention is all for the good here and I don't want to offend anybody's sense of goodwill. Please believe me on that point.

If we are lucky enough to win the cup, there'll have been a lot of blues who didn't make the thirty five year journey, through no fault of their own. Some of them will have been famous, most will have been joe soaps just like you and me. It's right that we should remember them all; win, lose or draw. Let's keep it simple and dignified, though. We don't want to make a circus out of our grief. There's far too many at that game already.

Submitted with respect.

good post lets hope everyone agrees

cant wait for this and even the national anthem...... its going to get my hairs standing on end and get me really up for it before kick off

does anybody know a shedule they have at wembley for example is abide with me dead on 2.45pm and national anthem directly before or after?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5nbq_VEea0&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5nbq_VE ... re=related</a>

belt it out lads, i can't wait to sing this from the top of my lungs on saturday, for nelly, big malc, scar and every other blue we have lost over the years.

this is our time blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.