#2 | Kyle Walker - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was superb last season, probably our second best player behind kdb but he’s in even better form right now. Comfortably then best form of his career and currently the best defender around in my eyes.

I trust him to contain Mane at the weekend, just needs to work on not even giving him the opportunity to dive in the box

Just a random Friday shout out to say well done Kyle Walker, on top form this season. Looks totally sharp and fit, long may it continue.

Walker reminds me of a really top tier American Football cornerback.

He just covers about 1/3rd of the pitch and you know that if someone tries to breakaway in that third, or a ball is played through, he is going to get the and win it. Playing the ball to someone 1v1 with him is futile, and if we've not already seen it, then we soon will see people just not bother playing the ball out that side. People like Zaha, Adama Traore etc will just stay as far away from him as possible.

I've said it before but I think he's the best defender in the world in open play by a mile.

Nice to see him get some recognition.

Poor for about 15/20 minutes, but I thought he did as good a job as anyone could of keeping Mané quiet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.