2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been brilliant for us but clearly peaked. Not been quite the same since the injury vs Real. Noticed early this season he was being beaten for pace more. Tough one to replace in the next year or so,

I’m in the corner of playing players to the best strengths like mahrez with his brilliant touch Bernardo with his trickery etc
Walkers was always his pace not his passing
Which 90 percent of the time is sideways or back.
That pace has dwindled so what does he offer now?
Decent defender but do we settle for decent?
Will always be a game where we need what pace he has left but rico is way better than walker for me.
Whether rico is good enough for that role permanently is another subject.

Last edited:
Was crap before his surgery and is even worse after it. Shocking performance.

We have a bit of a dilemma because we still need him to be Kyle Walker in the big CL games 1v1 against the worlds best wide players.

But he’s always needed to play every week to reach that level and now he’s not consistent enough or maybe fit enough to do that, and he’s got a very special kid coming up behind him.

We have a bit of a dilemma because we still need him to be Kyle Walker in the big CL games 1v1 against the worlds best wide players.

But he’s always needed to play every week to reach that level and now he’s not consistent enough or maybe fit enough to do that, and he’s got a very special kid coming up behind him.
I just said this in the Rico Lewis thread..

I really like what I'm seeing from him but do I trust him enough vs Nkunku for example in a couple of weeks' time?

I'm not so sure...

He is not great when used as a sub. I think his time with us is coming to an end to be honest. 33 in 2 months. I think we will need a right back and left back this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.