2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not a great footballer but he never has been. As much as it pains me watching him blast his 39749th cross to absolutely nobody, I can look past it for what he has brought to the club defensively. More concerning is the defensive lapses which seem to be creeping more and more into his game.

He screwed up himself.His whole game based on physical aspects.
It's not good for him at the moment, and as he gets older it will be even more difficult to play at this level.
Unless he change his style and starts playing smarter.

He’s not a great footballer but he never has been. As much as it pains me watching him blast his 39749th cross to absolutely nobody, I can look past it for what he has brought to the club defensively. More concerning is the defensive lapses which seem to be creeping more and more into his game.
Like many of our players he is slowly declining with age

Bollocks, if we play Madrid or psg who do you want at right back, shall I answer for you?
Zinchenko
Oh, you said right back not left back :-)

I still love him but we need another option in the summer, he’s pushing 33 and his game is all physical. I worry his form will fall off a cliff and we won’t have anyone but a young player learning his trade to step in.

The more he tries to play, the worse he gets. When he sticks to his job, he's great, when he starts thinking he can do other things, he invariably fucks up. Was showing all the signs of it being one of those fuck up games second half, thankfully he settled again.

If there's not a huge amount of threat in behind our defence I generally like to see walker bombing on, it's a good weapon to have with his pace but if he's doing it, he needs to be just putting them balls in without thinking, put them in the right area and it's job done for him, then upto Haaland or whoever to get on to them, he's not quick enough in thought to start trying to play cleverly.

Decent enough game overall, a fitter Nkunku second leg will give him more responsibility defensively you'd expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.