2 | Kyle Walker - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not been the same this season and he was poor today, I thought. He's lost that yard of pace that made him so phenomenal defensively and he's even a bit looser in the touch these days, which makes him a bit of a liability in possession. And I think since Pep changed the role of the RB in this team, Kyle's never been comfortable and his form has suffered badly. In his defence, Kyle made lots of lung-busting runs today that were sadly in vain because Sheff Utd had a wide back five that denied a clear through ball to him, but he was rough in other areas of the field as well.

He was an amazing signing and he's been a brilliant professional since he got here - arguably our most important purchase of the Pep era. But sadly I think it's time for him to seriously assess his options. He's 33 in the summer, a year older than Zabaleta was when we moved him on to West Ham. Either he accepts a bit-part role going forward, what with the emergence of Stones, Lewis, and Akanji in his area of the field, or he has to move on for first-team football. Wish him luck with whatever he does because he's been fantastic for six great seasons.
Haha

He will start both games against Madrid, for sure, it will depend on the opposition and tactics used whether he or stones play the right back role. He will start fa cup final too to annul rashford from the game,then Sancho when he's subbed on due to rashford being dominated.

I still think if he had played against Bayern, Sane wouldn't have got the 2 clear chances he had (and really the only 2 really clear chances that Bayern had).

Walker more than a football player, is like a cheat code: you play with 10.2 (he is far too limited in pretty much everything and I give him .2 because his runs behind the defense are a little bit dangerous), but the rival also plays with 10 ( he beats any RW when he is focused).

Playing with 10 just to nullify Nottingham's RW is a bad idea but playing with 10 and nullifying Mbappe or Vinicius gives a crazy advantage to any team.

He's probably our best solution to slowing Vini down but I just wonder if the negatives outweigh the positives.

He inspires absolute panic to the backline and midfield when he's on the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.