2 | Kyle Walker - 2023/24

He has lost something this season. Last season, he owned Vinicius or Mbappe, but there is a reason why he didn't play in many of the games in the 2nd half of the season, including the finals. I think more people will wake up to this fact once we play one of the big European teams. We turned it around against Leipzig when he came off and put Lewis in there, who gave us so much more in possession. I still don't trust Lewis defensively, but we can't keep on starting Walker. He will not own anyone on this season's form and doesn't contribute much in our possession-based game.

Always one of the clowns standing around when we have a free kick. Who’s convinced him he can cross or shoot

Needs dropping. Hope Akanji or Lewis play there Wednesday
I really liked the look of Akanji playing there last season. Akanji really suited that role, much more than the current role. Playing RB, he offered us some of Walker's defensive skills and Rico's possession-based abilities. Best of both worlds. I think we need to go back to that.

That’s exactly it. I think he’s been playing further forward instead of often being the last man, and it really hasn’t worked out. Walker needs space to build up speed but not that much.
Walker is shit anywhere beyond the halfway line and to be honest he’s been shit in our half too often this season. Mr reliable has been poor recently

I really liked the look of Akanji playing there last season. Akanji really suited that role, much more than the current role. Playing RB, he offered us some of Walker's defensive skills and Rico's possession-based abilities. Best of both worlds. I think we need to go back to that.
I agree. Akanji is poor as a traditional cb as he can’t head it but down the channels he’s a beast. Bayern and Madrid last season he was great.

I’d play Lewis inverted and let akanji cover the right when in possession.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.