2 | Kyle Walker - 2024/25

That was my thinking. But Walker should have the experience to get his body in the way and buy a foul if he’s losing a foot race.

IMO anyway.
100% agreed, as should Rico when he was in the same situation in the first half. Wait until you’re directly between the ball and Traore, slow down, feel the touch and fall over.

Foul given every time.

Traore is probably the fastest winger on the planet, it's not a massive red flag to get burned for pace by him. The concerning thing there is he was totally reliant on his pace, he should have positioned himself better to make Traore go wide or go the very long way around which gives walker the extra yard for him to get there. It was the defending of a player who has never learnt to defend without being the fastest player. I don't think him at cb is necessarily a bad idea on the face of it, I see the merits in it and it gets both him and Lewis in the side but he just doesn't have the concentration levels or the know how to play it.

When he came on he spent far too long pointing and trying to organise the defense instead of just doing his job and trusting the others to do theirs. He's not the only one though, Dias was doing the same at times, gvardiol was the only one in the back 4 who was concentrating on doing his job first.

That was my thinking. But Walker should have the experience to get his body in the way and buy a foul if he’s losing a foot race.

IMO anyway.
He's not caught up enough to the ball to do that plus he'd seen Rico try and fail doing that in the 1st half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.