2 Losses....2 Refereeing Decisions

DenisLawBackHeel74

I was at the game today, didn't look like a sending off from where I was sat but if it was I hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong.

Out of interest I thought I would ask the question of the extent to which refereeing decisions will define our season, we have only played 9 games but we have lost 2 because of decisions that have gone against us.....I'm not saying they were wrong just pointing our that a 5th of our games have been decided by the man in black...

Is there an agenda against us or are we just 'unlucky'......

We've won two aided by refereeing decisions as well.

vs. Newcastle
vs. Blackpool

But against the Sky 4 we never get the decisions.

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
I was at the game today, didn't look like a sending off from where I was sat but if it was I hold my hands up and admit I'm wrong.

Out of interest I thought I would ask the question of the extent to which refereeing decisions will define our season, we have only played 9 games but we have lost 2 because of decisions that have gone against us.....I'm not saying they were wrong just pointing our that a 5th of our games have been decided by the man in black...

hold your hands up and admit you're wrong. ;)

Clattenburg has a reputation but today he was pretty much spot on.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
DenisLawBackHeel74 said:

hold your hands up and admit you're wrong. ;)

Clattenburg has a reputation but today he was pretty much spot on.

I'm yet to watch MOTD2 so will no doubt agree with you.....I thought the linesman made the decision anyway...the way he was waving that flag I expected the player to have lost a legin the challenge...I thought perhaps a yellow card would have served better than ruining a top of the table competitive clash...<br /><br />-- Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:35 pm --<br /><br />
LoveCity said:
We've won two aided by refereeing decisions as well.

vs. Newcastle
vs. Blackpool

But against the Sky 4 we never get the decisions.

A fair point perhaps...so maybe we can say refereeing decisons have effected the outcome of 40% of our games already?

In the heat of the battle, in the stands, both decisions were absolutely shocking.

Then when you get home and you see them on tv with the benefit of replays and so forth, you see he was spot on with both.

This serves to show just how difficult a job refereeing is and as I said, he was absolutely right with both.

My only criticism now of the sending off, despite it being the letter of the law, was that Fabregas was waving the imaginary card, it was the 4th minute, Boyata is just a kid (I know, not really an excuse) and Chamakh absolutely made the most of it; Clattenburg could have shown a little leniency (yellow card) without it impinging on the outcome of his assessor's report.

We've gained pts this season through decisions that went for us, it happens the other way too.
We've had a decent enough start to the season, we haven't been brilliant but we've not done too badly, we'll finish wherever we do down to how we play & not because of ref decisions.

To date we have had the rub of the green in more games than not. Just listening to a Chelsea fan suggesting in the last 3 games we have been fortunate before the Arse and he is not wrong.
Chelsea no matter how well we played Boyata could have given a pen away if the ref had seen his blatant body check on Drogba.Actually with that other bad challenge he made he could have been sent of then as well.
v Newcastle we got an iffy pen and they were denied a stonewall one.
v BPool they had a goal disallowed that could easily have been given.

I'll take what we have had so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.