2 new wingers

gerrygowsjockstrap

Watching City this season I cannot fault them going forward. But I have said all season we need a couple of class wingers. All we have is Johnson who I've heard time after time he is not good enough. If we want to be top dogs. Then I have to agree with this. Nasri can play out wide but has not done enough to impress me. I believe we will win the Prem this season. But we need a couple of players to take some of the weight off Silva's shoulders. We rely on him to much. Them players I believe we need are wide men. A lot of the time we play narrow. Especially when Richards is not playing. That says it all he is a right back.

1 winger addition would be enough as Johnson is not what I'd call an explosive winger but has good technical quality. If we ever played two wingers (as a Plan B in situations like today) it'd give us good variety to have him on one side and something fast, skillful, and explosive on the other side with the two regularly swapping flanks to confuse opponents. Unfortunately because of the style we favour I'm not sure it's realistic to have two very good wingers at our club as we rarely even play one out-and-out winger.

gerrygowsjockstrap said:
Watching City this season I cannot fault them going forward. But I have said all season we need a couple of class wingers. All we have is Johnson who I've heard time after time he is not good enough. If we want to be top dogs. Then I have to agree with this. Nasri can play out wide but has not done enough to impress me. I believe we will win the Prem this season. But we need a couple of players to take some of the weight off Silva's shoulders. We rely on him to much. Them players I believe we need are wide men. A lot of the time we play narrow. Especially when Richards is not playing. That says it all he is a right back.

We wont get two top class wingers because that is not the way we play and two top class players will not settle for small cameo roles. Furthermore what would the point in losing Johnson to bring another player in, particularly as Johnson has proven very effective in cameo roles and scored a number of valuable goals.

Its not by chance Richards provides the width. Nasri and Silva regularly go in narrow allowing the full backs to overlap. Its a tactic to allow us to dominate the opposition, which we do very effectively.

The system works (were top scorers) and today was the first time we have drawn a blank, although the misses by Silva and Aguero could easily have changed that.

LoveCity said:
good technical quality

Be careful, you sound like Arsene Wenger!

I love the threat Micah brings when the midfielders are being countered by a solid defence & midfield. Clichy should have the same threat on the left by overlapping to get behing the back 4 but that depends on them playing a high enough line to do so though of course. When they don't then I guess it comes down to a decisive 'Barnabia/Silva' defence splitting pass or winning set pieces in crowded areas.

On that point I do think it'd be good for Nasri for him to play the Silva role sometimes, and rest Silva, to give him more responsibility and a chance to get some confidence (he could potentially lose yet more, but he's good enough to do it).

I love that Mancini demands his players to be able to do more than one job and the players need to call on their variety of abilities in situations like this, as well as the management giving them the plan B on the tactics board.

Final point.

I can't believe we're joint top with Loindergaard, Smalling, Evans, Carrick, Park, Gibson, Berbatov, Hernandez, Valencia, Welbeck!!! They wouldn't get anywhere close to our bench!

dajd1984 said:

Final point.

I can't believe we're joint top with Loindergaard, Smalling, Evans, Carrick, Park, Gibson, Berbatov, Hernandez, Valencia, Welbeck!!! They wouldn't get anywhere close to our bench!

As much as I hate the drunken scottish bastard, he gets the best out of shit players

City plays narrow beacuse of Mancini's tactics. Whenever the wide man gets the ball he ALWAYS passes back to the inside, or cuts inside then passes or takes a shot instead of crossing or dribbling inside the box then crossing. Same with the build up play. That's why Mancini plays with right footed wingers on the left side and vise versa

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.