2 questions about Bluemoon

HellasLEAF said:
1 - and I know this was asked before a number of times but I didn't see a great answer. why no Avatars? I understand it has something to do with site speed, but surely forums all over the internet use avatars and speed isn't effected. It's an easy way to find a poster as well, skimming for the avatar. plus, they are cool. why not. NOT signatures, they are redundant and screw up the loading speed. just avatars.

2 - only 10 posts per page? I find this isn't enough. I mean, a few posts and then yours is lost to the previous page. a debate quickly fans out over several pages with posts quickly falling into past pages.

go ahead, tell me how wrong and stupid these suggestions are I know it's coming. and I love this site, just little things really.

1. Thank fuck for no avatars. This is a grown ups forum and not a child's "Look at me, look at my avatar" forum like some you see.

2. 10 posts per page means more pages loaded and more avertising revenue for the forum (which just about breaks even) so I am very much fine with it.

Lordeffingham said:
Listen I know this is a discussion forum and love debate, but this thread started with a legitimate question, which was followed by a legitimate and to the point answer, from up high, there is no debate.

I'm not particularly interested in every seperate member of this sites viewpoint, because it matters not, please stop posting:I love Avatars,
I hate Avatars,
I agree,
I don't agree,
I'ts completely fair,
It's unfair,
10 posts per page,
20 posts per page,
30 posts per page,

I've had enough now STOP!, or I'll start spamming posts about who likes Blue Cheese, Dark or Milk Chocolate, Ford or Vauxhall, It's a fucking dead parrot!

You could always stop reading :-)

johnmc said:

Choosing your own preference on number of posts per page is not a bad idea if possible.

Thats why i like reading the forum on the i phone as you can set the number of posts per page but as someone said before the posts per page thing is set for revenue reasons which keeps the site free.

SWP's back said:
HellasLEAF said:
1 - and I know this was asked before a number of times but I didn't see a great answer. why no Avatars? I understand it has something to do with site speed, but surely forums all over the internet use avatars and speed isn't effected. It's an easy way to find a poster as well, skimming for the avatar. plus, they are cool. why not. NOT signatures, they are redundant and screw up the loading speed. just avatars.

2 - only 10 posts per page? I find this isn't enough. I mean, a few posts and then yours is lost to the previous page. a debate quickly fans out over several pages with posts quickly falling into past pages.

go ahead, tell me how wrong and stupid these suggestions are I know it's coming. and I love this site, just little things really.

1. Thank fuck for no avatars. This is a grown ups forum and not a child's "Look at me, look at my avatar" forum like some you see.

2. 10 posts per page means more pages loaded and more avertising revenue for the forum (which just about breaks even) so I am very much fine with it.

A couple of days ago twit on a rivals forum mocked Blue Moon because of the 10 posts per page issue. Apparently it shows how small-time City fans are, as the way to go is to have users scroll and scroll interminably: scrolling is all modern big-time and stuff; just like Kindle.

No, I don't understand either.

I read books me. I think I can handle turning the page. It helps me locate posts as well, as it's easier to turn a short page and scan, than scrolling, scrolling, scrolling...keep that scroll bar turning up and down mile-long pages.

Seasideblue said:
johnmc said:

Choosing your own preference on number of posts per page is not a bad idea if possible.

Thats why i like reading the forum on the i phone as you can set the number of posts per page but as someone said before the posts per page thing is set for revenue reasons which keeps the site free.

Didn't see that. Fair enough.

johnmc said:
Seasideblue said:

Didn't see that. Fair enough.

Yeah it was on a previous page which is some what ironic :-)

HellasLEAF said:

1. Don't like Avatars. I don't think they're cool. I think Bluemoon like far slicker and smarter without them. I think they make boards look a bit tacky.

2. I'd agree. Being able to see mire posts per page would be erred but if it meant we had to pay I'd stick with how it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.