20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this Bernardo as good as David? Better than David? Genuine questions.

In terms of goals + assists David was more productive, but if you factor in Bernardo's insane work-rate and his ability to pop up with big goals, especially away from home, then things get more complicated.

In terms of goals + assists David was more productive, but if you factor in Bernardo's insane work-rate and his ability to pop up with big goals, especially away from home, then things get more complicated.
Impossible to answer, though it is safe to say if he stays long enough he'll have a similar kind of impact David had in his time at City.

I don't think he is, personally, but that's no slight on Bernardo. David is one of THE best midfielders in the PL era.

B silva is very special player but not yet the player D silva was I never thought I would see better than David but we just might you know, here's hoping

B silva is very special player but not yet the player D silva was I never thought I would see better than David but we just might you know, here's hoping
His name is Phil and he hails from Stockport.

live Bernardo though, I mean it’s impossible not to isn’t it.

Tbh, whilst there are quite a few very obvious similarities and reasons to compare the two I think they're fundamentally different players.

David was all about passing and positioning. Even in his earlier years, he had the rare ability to control a game from the attacking third in a way a DM would on the halfway line. His ability to get on the ball was incredible, his creativity was off the charts at his peak and he was quite the genius that we're likely never going to see again.

Bernardo doesn't have David's in game intellect, but he is as gifted at combining technique and workrate as almost anybody ever. He is the ultimate team player with the most insane close control and dribbling you could ask for. He makes so many smart runs to support team-mates and create potential opportunities it's unbelievable.

I'd say it's great we had David when we did and that we have Bernardo now though. I'd put them on similar pedestals but as stated above, for very different reasons.

load of nonsense saying nothing and making irrelevant arguments. I suggest you go back and watch our match against chelsea this season which was our best performance this season. go watch how Bernardo and KDB played together and then come back to make an evidence based argument.
Seems you cannot tolerate any opinion expressed not 100% agreeing with yours, the same goes for any you cannot understand. On the matter of "evidence", why don't you read what is posted. Not once did I imply or state any criticism of Kevin and Bernie playing together. Your statement that our match against Chelsea "was our best performance this season" is "evidence", is arrogant nonsense, it is just your opinion, no more no less, I might even agree, but opinions are not evidence. I suggest if you cannot understand what other posters are posting you should refrain from re-watching Chelsea v City continuously and take some simple language comprehension lessons before you accuse any other poster of posting "nonsense", although "nonsense" does seem to be your speciality.

I love Bern but he still has a way to go

Bernardo Silva has improved an amazing amount this season! He has grown into one of the best players in the world. By the way, I don't know if you've noticed that he's become much more agile and adventurous this season? Well, if he keeps this level up, I hope he stays with us, because it's brutal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.