20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like Pep making him play F9.

I get that he has been scoring lately and he wants to continue that, but we lose control deeper without him.

Let Kevin play higher, or even Gundogan.
exactly. pep needs to change his position depending on the game, he is useful in many stages of the game. besides KDB and gundo are more useful players further up

I don't think playing with the KDB is problem here, for example in Chelsea game this season - where he played as RCM - he was one our best performers both defensively and offensively..

We just need to acknowledge that he isn't near as good on the other positions.. He needs that Right Wing to cut inside and make those dribbles and help during the build-up.

Liverpool game for example.. KDB started as RCM and Bernardo as LCM.. The only magic Bernardo did in this game, was made from the Right side.. Also, remember that miss against Leeds in the last game ? he wouldn't have missed that if he played on his position, because he would have used his magical left foot, instead of the right.

If we count MOTM titles won by Bernardo and than look at the positions he played during those games - the answer is obvious..

And also, if I had to choose between Bernardo and Gundo or even Foden on that LCM position - I would definitely choose Gundo and Foden, but as a RCM, like Pep said -> Bernardo is best player in PL. What more can be said :D

This kind of magic he is unable to do from LCM..

Would anyone play Messi as LW ? Nope :D But I'm pretty sure Messi would still be good as a LW, problem is that you are loosing real Messi
and using half of his real potential when you don't play him were he truelly belongs to..

Same applies to Bernardo..

If someone says that this kind of attachment to the position is unacceptable OK, but isn't Rodri attached to his DM position ? Why Bernardo can't be attached to RCM, when he is the best player in PL there.. We aren't talking about an average player, this is the player Pep called the best.. So best players, deserve the best approach.. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure he will go and play in the team, were he is guaranteed that RCM role..

Question is.. like it was in August -> will we maintain this level without the Bernardo ?

:)

Very quiet tonight unfortunately. By no means the only one mind you.
Probably suffered because of the position he played and 2nd half he had nobody to play through down the left. One of the few keeping the ball consistently though

Probably suffered because of the position he played and 2nd half he had nobody to play through down the left. One of the few keeping the ball consistently though
Quite possibly.

Have we got a Lampard/Gerard issue here with Bernie and KDB - 2 incredible players for the same position but they can’t be squeezed into the same team consistently?

He looks so limited as a LCM, very hard to watch how he suffers there..

Has very little to offer with the ball whenever he plays there.. But made one or two good clearances while defending and ran a lot probably..

But he is contributing 25% of his true capabilities - when he isn't playing his position..

What can be done I don't know, only Pep knows :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.