20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know whose blind:-)
I am blind for not thinking Bernardo is the best PL player? That’s mainly my point. I am blind for thinking he doesn’t have the offensive intangibles and organization skills of a Xavi, Modric or Iniesta? Am I blind for saying that every manager would take Dias, Foden, KDB for 50m, but they didn’t for Bernardo? This one is almost a fact.

I think Bernardo is a great squad player, but I just cannot see how anyone can think he is even close to be the best player in PL. If someone would have come with 50m he would be gone. Any team in the world would take at least: Dias, Foden, KDB, Grealish for 50m. So every club in the world is blind?

If you ask here if Bernardo had a great last season, most would say he was one of the best for the team, but I just checked stats.
Mahrez, Jesus, KDB, Foden and Grealish all have: more goals, more assists, more dribbles per match, more key passes per match than Bernardo. KDB basically has 4 times more key passes per game!! Gundogan also beats Bernardo in all stats except for dribbling. Even Rodri has the same amount of goals and key passes per game as Bernardo last season. How can you be the best PL player with stats like that when you are an offensive player?

And it's not like Bernardo has the tempo to dominate like Xavi or he breaks defenses like Iniesta or Modric.

He is a great squad player who brings cohesion, great pressing and energy, but to say he is the best PL player or even the best PL of the season so far? Is everyone other than City fans blind?
WTF did I just read...

Ho offence meant but this sounds a bit like the views of a FIFA player who is trying to assign objective ratings to footballers.

What other managers think of our players is utterly irrelevant unless they coach their team identically to Pep Guardiola. It's horses for courses.

The classic example is Zinchenko. Would most teams take him as a left-back? No. Is he one of very few players who are good enough to play inverted fullback for Pep? Yes indeed.
I agree, but none would say Zinchenko is the best PL player, or the best LB in the world. He is a good squad player.

To be consider the best, not only your coach and your fans need to think it, it needs to be a more universal thing.

I agree, but none would say Zinchenko is the best PL player, or the best LB in the world. He is a good squad player.

To be consider the best, not only your coach and your fans need to think it, it needs to be a more universal thing.

Who would you pick ahead of Bernardo Silva to play the role that he plays for City?

I am blind for not thinking Bernardo is the best PL player? That’s mainly my point. I am blind for thinking he doesn’t have the offensive intangibles and organization skills of a Xavi, Modric or Iniesta? Am I blind for saying that every manager would take Dias, Foden, KDB for 50m, but they didn’t for Bernardo? This one is almost a fact.
As you have conveniently left out all the daft things you said I can confidently predict you’re not the type of poster worth bothering with.

Kimmich, Leandro Paredes, Verrati, Frankie de Jong, Kante or maybe Kovacic or Bellingham. I rate some of them as equals to Bernardo and some others ahead.

Kanté isn't good enough with the ball to play for Pep. Bellingham maybe one day but not quite at that standard yet. Kovačić is a good player but not at Bernardo's level. I don't think Paredes is quite there either. Verratti is superb but doesn't have the engine that Bernie does

De Jong and Kimmich fair enough, both would be great at 8 for City

As you have conveniently left out all the daft things you said I can confidently predict you’re not the type of poster worth bothering with.
I already covered 3/4 paragraphs of what I said. I wrote 4 and the other one were about stats that are true(sure they are from last season and are offensive stats). So again, tell me where did I say something outrageous? People are acting like I said Bernardo is a shit player, when I said he is a great squad player. I am obviously glad of having him in our team.

Give it up now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.