20 | Bernardo Silva - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bring stats, comparissons with City players, and other players. The stats are available in whoscore for anyone to check that what I said is correct. My favourite player of all time is Iniesta, so I know that stats are not everything, but when you are the worst of your team in every offensive stat (except Sterling), it's impossible to be called the best player in PL when you are an offensive player.

I call him a great squad player and that he's great for our pressing, cohesion and energy. I am not saying he is a bad player, because he is great. But thinking that he is one of the best players in the world is delusional.
That’s fine but I feel you’re comparing him to the B Silva we bought. Silva this season is playing a completely different role. His job yesterday appeared to be mostly as support for Rodri. He does this well because like Dav, he has an insane ability to keep the ball in close quarters.

So stats, I want to see:
how many tackles he rode and kept the ball from,
how many dribbles resulted in retained possession,
average length of possession,
total time of possession,
how many tackles did he complete,
where were those tackles made on the pitch,
how many passes forward compared to backward,
how much turf did he cover,
what his average running speed was (excluding times when not moving)

In my opinion this would be a better measure of his performance and utility to the team, than those you presented

Keeping unhappy Bernado isn't a bad thing it seems.

He has a contract until June 2025, the club should make him happy until then.
Extend it and double his money, piss him off as much as possible
I think Bernardo is a great squad player, but I just cannot see how anyone can think he is even close to be the best player in PL. If someone would have come with 50m he would be gone. Any team in the world would take at least: Dias, Foden, KDB, Grealish for 50m. So every club in the world is blind?

If you ask here if Bernardo had a great last season, most would say he was one of the best for the team, but I just checked stats.
Mahrez, Jesus, KDB, Foden and Grealish all have: more goals, more assists, more dribbles per match, more key passes per match than Bernardo. KDB basically has 4 times more key passes per game!! Gundogan also beats Bernardo in all stats except for dribbling. Even Rodri has the same amount of goals and key passes per game as Bernardo last season. How can you be the best PL player with stats like that when you are an offensive player?

And it's not like Bernardo has the tempo to dominate like Xavi or he breaks defenses like Iniesta or Modric.

He is a great squad player who brings cohesion, great pressing and energy, but to say he is the best PL player or even the best PL of the season so far? Is everyone other than City fans blind?
LOL

Bernard Silva is a magnificent player who would get into any of the best teams in the world.

Still upset about Rat boys miss?

He out Kanted Kante yesterday. He was fucking everywhere. He's great on the right wing put play him in the middle and he's a different beast all together. Gives us drive and control in the middle and he's tenacious as fuck.

It was like he was covering 2 positions at once. He's not the greatest tackler but he harasses and hustles the opponent's into making miskakes.

Him and Rodri should absolutely be the base of our midfield for the rest of the season

They’re the games that we see the best of Bernado’s use in this squad and next week will be similar. Against most teams where we just need one sitting and 2 proper number 8’s I think we have players who can offer more there and on the right of a front 3. That’s not a slight against Bernie just we have some unbelievable attacking players for those positions.

Against the very top teams when Rodri needs someone alongside him he is absolutely vital. His ability to keep the ball under pressure, tenacity and work rate for the team are absolutely brilliant.

I think Bernardo is a great squad player, but I just cannot see how anyone can think he is even close to be the best player in PL. If someone would have come with 50m he would be gone. Any team in the world would take at least: Dias, Foden, KDB, Grealish for 50m. So every club in the world is blind?

If you ask here if Bernardo had a great last season, most would say he was one of the best for the team, but I just checked stats.
Mahrez, Jesus, KDB, Foden and Grealish all have: more goals, more assists, more dribbles per match, more key passes per match than Bernardo. KDB basically has 4 times more key passes per game!! Gundogan also beats Bernardo in all stats except for dribbling. Even Rodri has the same amount of goals and key passes per game as Bernardo last season. How can you be the best PL player with stats like that when you are an offensive player?

And it's not like Bernardo has the tempo to dominate like Xavi or he breaks defenses like Iniesta or Modric.

He is a great squad player who brings cohesion, great pressing and energy, but to say he is the best PL player or even the best PL of the season so far? Is everyone other than City fans blind?
I know whose blind:-)

I don't know how he runs nonstop. Brilliant, brilliant player. Doesn't get the recognition in the wider media.

against teams like Chelsea, pool & RAGS, having the energy of Bernardo as an 8 with the holding of Rodri made a massive difference yesterday.

just looks the most ideal combo against those type of teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.