20 | Bernardo Silva - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was a very long and emotional embrace between him and Pep post match,it looked like an extended thank you and possible goodbye......hope im wrong.

Was talking last night, love Bernardo, but if he’s prepared to leave us for PSG, then his heart really isn’t in it and it’s not mindset Pep would want.

I personally can’t see why he’d go to PSG, I just can’t see him going there.

Was talking last night, love Bernardo, but if he’s prepared to leave us for PSG, then his heart really isn’t in it and it’s not mindset Pep would want.

I have no idea why he would want to leave this club,unless he despises Manchester which is not unreasonable.

Paris is a beautiful city, the playing and coaching intensity will be significantly less, and with a child on its way, he might just feel now is the time for a fresh start both for himself and for his family.

There are only a few players that leave a club with their reputation further enhanced by saying they want to go - He has been open that he wants a new challenge and from all accounts his new family want a different lifestyle - so if this is to be the end what a signing he's been, funny, talented and integral to all the recent successes. All City fans will wish him well and quite rightly he will always be welcomed back with warmth and open arms.

Paris is a beautiful city, the playing and coaching intensity will be significantly less, and with a child on its way, he might just feel now is the time for a fresh start both for himself and for his family.

Paris is a huge gigantic hovel. With significantly more civil unrest than Manchester.

Madrid, Barcelona or back to Portugal I get. France, Paris I don’t get. I just don’t see that bring his mindset personally. Plus he’s already done the French league and won it.

Paris is a huge gigantic hovel. With significantly more civil unrest than Manchester.

Madrid, Barcelona or back to Portugal I get. France, Paris I don’t get. I just don’t see that bring his mindset personally. Plus he’s already done the French league and won it.
I suspect he wouldn’t be spending too much time in the Banlieues. He’s apparently spoken about the intense pressure of working under Guardiola, so it might be he wants a break from that, especially if he has no interest in pursuing a career in coaching. I’d love him to see out the final two years of his contract and then go back to ‘his club’, but I can also understand why he might want to move now.

It’s the most visited city on the planet. Yes there are lots of problems there and in France in general, but parts of Paris are beautiful and it is a stunning city. It is also the fashion capital of the world which will appeal to his wife.

He’s apparently spoken about the intense pressure of working under Guardiola, so it might be he wants a break from that, especially if he has no interest in pursuing a career in coaching.
This. I think folk underestimate how tough it must be working over an extended period for a perfectionist, driven, Pep. City must be the toughest (and most rewarding) gig there is. Undoubtedly, if you do as Pep asks he will make good players great and great players world class. In that he is unique. But there is a price to play for continuing to push yourself to meet those unbelievably high standards. Bernie is not the same guy as when he joined. If he has had enough and wants lesser pressure then fair play. He will always be a hero to us.

Maybe Paris is just a smokescreen to get Barca to cough up early instead of waiting for him to go on a free?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.