20 | Bernardo Silva - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good gesture from Bernie but there is still a lot to go..Barca needs to sell De Jong who seems extremely reluctant to leave. Then Barca has to match our price within the next 2 weeks.

Don't forget Bernie shed some tears and applauded city fans last year also when he was taken off against arsenal. Kane did that too...At the end of the day there are still some significant things that should happen for Bernie to leave.

Personally i am not against letting players that want to leave if a good offer comes but not this late in the window. If you want to leave be sure to leave as early as possible. I also dont love him doing this two years in a row but cant complain much as he leaves it all out there on the pitch whenever he plays

I don’t blame anyone for wanting to live in a different city to Manchester. Manchester is the filthiest grittiest most hotch-potch city in Britain: poor roads, loads of traffic, loads of litter, loads of fly tipping, bin bags lining streets, weird bin juice and sick and piss stains on pavements, loads broken pavements, nice paved areas dug up by water and electric companies and filled back in with cheap tar mac making it look shit, still loads of homeless people lying in the street in prime areas…

Also the entire city centre feels like a building site and has done for years. Every street seems to be having building work going on which makes for a very untidy, chaotic and unfinished feel to the place. Manchester will probably look great in about 15 years when everywhere isn’t a building site but until then, living here can be difficult for those who can’t just get on with all that going on around them.

It’s a very difficult city to love and it’s a very easy city to not love. And that’s coming from someone who is from here and loves the place.

It is a lifestyle wish to move for Bernardo. He’s just someone passing through this city and sometimes the shit side of it can be a stumbling block to some people. He also found it very difficult during the lockdowns living here and that could have left a negative feeling of the city on him. I think he’d have been happier and more settled not living in the city.

Hopefully we get one more season out of him and give ourselves a year to line up a proper replacement. In that year, let’s enjoy him while we can and not degrade his efforts and achievements (like I’ve already seen in some posts) because he’s been a great servant to the club, I’d argue nobody has ever worked harder towards the cause than him.

Last edited by a moderator:
He won’t be leaving I’m fairly sure, if however I’m wrong and he does we should replace him with the player we want long term to replace him. If we wanted De Jong and though he was Bernardo’s ideal replacement we could have pushed the swap weeks a ago we didn’t, for whatever reasons.
Bernardo Silva is at the airport on his way to Barcelona

Players like bernardo, jesus, zinch, owe us nothing. Theyve given us their all. And as much as id hate bernie to go, he’d also go with all my love and best wishes
Watching Arsenal on MOTD was a very weird experience for me. I’ve never had a huge love for them, but it’s hard not to enjoy seeing Jesus and Zinchenko performing like that. Even if it isn’t in a blue shirt.

I’m not one for routinely watching other leagues, but I’d probably seek out the odd Barca game to see how Bernie was getting on. And also to see how far Barca are falling, and when we can have him back of course.

I don’t blame anyone for wanting to live in a different city to Manchester. Manchester is the filthiest grittiest most hotch-potch city in Britain: poor roads, loads of traffic, loads of litter, loads of fly tipping, bin bags lining streets, weird bin juice and sick and piss stains on pavements, loads broken pavements, nice paved areas dug up by water and electric companies and filled back in with cheap tar mac making it look shit, still loads of homeless people lying in the street in prime areas…

Also the entire city centre feels like a building site and has done for years. Every street seems to be having building work going on which makes for a very untidy, chaotic and unfinished feel to the place. Manchester will probably look great in about 15 years when everywhere isn’t a building site but until then, living here can be difficult for those who can’t just get on with all that going on around them.

It’s a very difficult city to love and it’s a very easy city to not love. And that’s coming from someone who is from here and loves the place.

It is a lifestyle wish to move for Bernardo. He’s just someone passing through this city and sometimes the shit side of it can be a stumbling block to some people. He also found it very difficult during the lockdowns living here and that could have left a negative feeling of the city on him. I think he’d have been happier and more settled not living in the city.

Hopefully we get one more season out of him and give ourselves a year to line up a proper replacement. In that year, let’s enjoy him while we can and not degrade his efforts and achievements (like I’ve already seen in some posts) because he’s been a great servant to the club, I’d argue nobody has ever worked harder towards the cause than him.

Are you the chairman of The Manchester Tourism Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.