20 | Bernardo Silva - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best versatile midfielder we can get if Bernardo were to leave is FDJ.

We know Pep is a big fan, we know his salary is not the stupid numbers people have speculated before. He has loads of experience at the top level, he can play as a CB, 6 or 8. He compliments Phillips and Rodri.

Why are we going to let him go to United or Chelsea, strengthening an opposition side greatly while giving Barcelona enough money to buy Bernardo and we get left looking at second rate replacements like Paqueta a few days before the window shuts.

Just do the swap deal, stop overthinking everything!
No, do overthink and stick to the long term plan whatever the plan is.

Oh I'm sorry, you think the long term plan involved Bernardo leaving in the third week of August?
He won’t be leaving I’m fairly sure, if however I’m wrong and he does we should replace him with the player we want long term to replace him. If we wanted De Jong and though he was Bernardo’s ideal replacement we could have pushed the swap weeks a ago we didn’t, for whatever reasons.

If however I’m wrong and he does we should replace him with the player we want long term to replace him.

The club isn't planning on replacing a 28 year old with multiple years left on his contract.

They won't have a list of players to replace him, and almost anyone they would put on such a list is going to be unavailable this late.

Pep is correct to get rid of unhappy players , we are not Rags where certain players are bigger than the club ,Bernardo has served his purpose and he has developed into one of the best midfield players around whilst wearing our colours
One of the downsides of losing a great player like Bernardo is the timing , Barca will probably want to pay 50 euros a month and we will have very little time to try and replace him.
Maybe a compromise is possible if he plays for another season we can pay him a little "loyalty" bonus , which leaves a bitter taste in the mouth , when most modern footballers , not neccesarliy Bernardo , havent got a clue what loyalty means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.