20 | Bernardo Silva - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually think he played a good game, but also agree with others that perhaps in the middle is when you see the best of him. Attacking Mid or Defensive Mid pairing.

I think the problem (although we had an xG of 3.5 so was there a problem really if Haaland scores a brace?) is that we have alot of "conservative" players in that line-up.

Grealish, Bernie, and Kovacic are what I call "control" players, they lack that little bit of "chaos" and "out of nowhere uniqueness" that Haaland, Alvarez, Foden, KdB, Doku, and Palmer have.

Although we should have won that game more comfortably, I think against teams that sit back so much, having only 2 of these "chaos" players didn't help, and we probably will want 3 of this type in the future against low blocks.

He was okay today. I would cut him some slack, though. He is about to become a father for the first time. He is obviously a little distracted. There are things in life that are much more important than football. He will be back to his "one of the best in the world" best soon enough ;).

I actually think he played a good game, but also agree with others that perhaps in the middle is when you see the best of him. Attacking Mid or Defensive Mid pairing.

I think the problem (although we had an xG of 3.5 so was there a problem really if Haaland scores a brace?) is that we have alot of "conservative" players in that line-up.

Grealish, Bernie, and Kovacic are what I call "control" players, they lack that little bit of "chaos" and "out of nowhere uniqueness" that Haaland, Alvarez, Foden, KdB, Doku, and Palmer have.

Although we should have won that game more comfortably, I think against teams that sit back so much, having only 2 of these "chaos" players didn't help, and we probably will want 3 of this type in the future against low blocks.
Thought he was average, Kovacic and Bernie should not play together in that system they're too similar. Also Walker and Bernie on the same side has zero creativity.

Especially againts the lower league teams Bernie should not play in a creative role, Id pick Kovacic ahead of him right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.