2011 Albums Of The Year

i dont think its been a classic year for new albums. in fact i cant give 10 good ones :

but for me
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues is the stand out album.

others are Noah and the Whale - last night on earth
Bon Iver Bon Iver

Just a few of mine:
Goblin - Tyler The Creator
House of Balloons ( Free Download ) - The Weeknd
Black Up - Shabazz Palaces
Helplessness Blues - Fleet Foxes ( went to see them at The Paramount in Seattle when i was on holiday there, it was superb.

skillman said:
Drake - Take Care. - Great, great album. Enough said.

Kanye West/Jay-Z - Watch The Throne. - Great album, 2 geniuses coming together, Kanye West is my favourite artist, his confidence to change his whole style and make an album out of it (808s and Hertbreaks) was unbelievable.

Lupe Fiasco - Lasers. - Not the typical rap album, lyrics are about politics and even says that 9/11 was a cover up and internal.

Ed Sheeran - +. - Don't understand how people can dislike his music, it's old-school, people (/outsiders) presume it's rap but it's not.
I dislike Ed Sheeran's music because it's boring, dull, cliché, for 12-year-old girls primarily, he thinks "They say I'm up and coming like I'm fucking in an elevator" is a good lyric, and that Nando's Skank he did with Example made my eyes fall out of my head and into nothing.

No real order but for me i liked;
High Flying Birds- Noel G.

Stereo Typical- Rizzle Kicks

Take Care- Drake

Best Day Ever- Mac Miller

Probably everyone will hate all but HFB but oh well.

MCFC BOB said:
I'd like to put in a late nomination for "Burst Apart" by The Antlers.

Quite possibly one of the best albums not just of this year, but of the 2010s so far. Joy Division, The Doors, Inspiral Carpets and even modern indie bands such as Foals and The xx can be heard in the instrumentation quite frequently, but there's a lovely moment on track 5 ("Rolled Together") when they break off from all of that and give us a lovely mix of Pink Floyd. "Corsicana" may remind people of Spiritualized on 'Ladies and Gentlemen..."

Superb album.

That's some very complimentary views. I'd be interested in hearing the track that reminds you of Ladies and Gentlemen... by Spiritualized. That record in itself being a masterpiece.

I'll check them out.

CTID101 said:
No real order but for me i liked;
High Flying Birds- Noel G.

Stereo Typical- Rizzle Kicks

Take Care- Drake

Best Day Ever- Mac Miller

Probably everyone will hate all but HFB but oh well.

it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks mate, its what you think

Forgot to mention NGHFB's in my list.

wasn't impressed with Suck It And See to be honest.

I made a thread for 2012 and no one replied! haha

comon people i wanna hear some tips for next year! :D

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=242039&hilit=2012+artists" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=242039&hilit=2012+artists</a>

Freestyler said:
I made a thread for 2012 and no one replied! haha

comon people i wanna hear some tips for next year! :D

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=242039&hilit=2012+artists" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=5&t=242039&hilit=2012+artists</a>

I genuinely don't know who will make it big in 2012. It's not easy to predict trends in music. I don't waste my time searching for the next big thing, either. I wait for them to find me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.